Amazon rolls out a delivery station exclusively for the deaf
E commerce giant Amazon has introduced a 'Silent Delivery Station' that will be completely managed by deaf employees. This is an initiative to create more job opportunities for the hearing impaired.
The station has been launched in partnership with Mirakle Couriers, a company in Mumbai that has trained its deaf employees to deliver packages by bus or on foot to the radius of 2-3 kms. They are also trained in sign language.
Amazon says this is part of its effort to create opportunities for individuals to realise their potential and transform their lives. The pilot program was introduced a year and a half back and, after seeing a good result, Amazon decided to roll out a dedicated delivery station for the deaf.
Mirakle Couriers hopes this will set an example for many in India to support the disabled by giving them relevant opportunities and improve their livelihood.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News