Amazon rolls out a delivery station exclusively for the deaf
E commerce giant Amazon has introduced a 'Silent Delivery Station' that will be completely managed by deaf employees. This is an initiative to create more job opportunities for the hearing impaired.
The station has been launched in partnership with Mirakle Couriers, a company in Mumbai that has trained its deaf employees to deliver packages by bus or on foot to the radius of 2-3 kms. They are also trained in sign language.
Amazon says this is part of its effort to create opportunities for individuals to realise their potential and transform their lives. The pilot program was introduced a year and a half back and, after seeing a good result, Amazon decided to roll out a dedicated delivery station for the deaf.
Mirakle Couriers hopes this will set an example for many in India to support the disabled by giving them relevant opportunities and improve their livelihood.
Watch in Sign Language
- Career choices for people with autism
November 11, 2018
- Career options for people with learning disabilities
November 9, 2018
- Some tips to manage the workplace for adults with ADHD
October 30, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility November 21, 2018 Accessible toilets remain a distant dream for India's disabled community
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Headlines November 21, 2018 India Vs Australia Twenty20 International series begins today
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Headlines November 18, 2018 India-Australia cricket series to begin on 21 November
- Events November 21, 2018 Workshop on Child Safety and Protection
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018