Amazon rolls out a delivery station exclusively for the deaf
January 18, 2018
E commerce giant Amazon has introduced a 'Silent Delivery Station' that will be completely managed by deaf employees. This is an initiative to create more job opportunities for the hearing impaired.
The station has been launched in partnership with Mirakle Couriers, a company in Mumbai that has trained its deaf employees to deliver packages by bus or on foot to the radius of 2-3 kms. They are also trained in sign language.
Amazon says this is part of its effort to create opportunities for individuals to realise their potential and transform their lives. The pilot program was introduced a year and a half back and, after seeing a good result, Amazon decided to roll out a dedicated delivery station for the deaf.
Mirakle Couriers hopes this will set an example for many in India to support the disabled by giving them relevant opportunities and improve their livelihood.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News