India’s Blind Cricket Team lift World Cup for the 2nd time!
The Indian blind cricket team has shown its mettle again and won the 5th Blind Cricket World Cup in Sharjah on Saturday.
The Indian team faced their arch rivals Pakistan in the final match and defeated them by two wickets in a fiercely fought game.
India won the toss and decided to field while letting Pakistan bat first.
The team from Pakistan made 308 runs for the loss of eight wickets in 40 overs.
India's Sunil Ramesh scored 93 runs while the team captain Ajay Reddy contributed 63 runs.
The victory of the Indian team became final in the last over.
Indian team had remained unbeaten throughout the tournament and played amazing matches with grace and skill.
India had also defeated Pakistan in the T20 Blind World Cup final last year. The team did it again and made the country proud by their performance and amazing sportsmanship.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News