India’s Blind Cricket Team lift World Cup for the 2nd time!
The Indian blind cricket team has shown its mettle again and won the 5th Blind Cricket World Cup in Sharjah on Saturday.
The Indian team faced their arch rivals Pakistan in the final match and defeated them by two wickets in a fiercely fought game.
India won the toss and decided to field while letting Pakistan bat first.
The team from Pakistan made 308 runs for the loss of eight wickets in 40 overs.
India's Sunil Ramesh scored 93 runs while the team captain Ajay Reddy contributed 63 runs.
The victory of the Indian team became final in the last over.
Indian team had remained unbeaten throughout the tournament and played amazing matches with grace and skill.
India had also defeated Pakistan in the T20 Blind World Cup final last year. The team did it again and made the country proud by their performance and amazing sportsmanship.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News