India’s Blind Cricket Team lift World Cup for the 2nd time!
January 20, 2018
The Indian blind cricket team has shown its mettle again and won the 5th Blind Cricket World Cup in Sharjah on Saturday.
The Indian team faced their arch rivals Pakistan in the final match and defeated them by two wickets in a fiercely fought game.
India won the toss and decided to field while letting Pakistan bat first.
The team from Pakistan made 308 runs for the loss of eight wickets in 40 overs.
India's Sunil Ramesh scored 93 runs while the team captain Ajay Reddy contributed 63 runs.
The victory of the Indian team became final in the last over.
Indian team had remained unbeaten throughout the tournament and played amazing matches with grace and skill.
India had also defeated Pakistan in the T20 Blind World Cup final last year. The team did it again and made the country proud by their performance and amazing sportsmanship.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News