India’s Blind Cricket Team lift World Cup for the 2nd time!
January 20, 2018
The Indian blind cricket team has shown its mettle again and won the 5th Blind Cricket World Cup in Sharjah on Saturday.
The Indian team faced their arch rivals Pakistan in the final match and defeated them by two wickets in a fiercely fought game.
India won the toss and decided to field while letting Pakistan bat first.
The team from Pakistan made 308 runs for the loss of eight wickets in 40 overs.
India's Sunil Ramesh scored 93 runs while the team captain Ajay Reddy contributed 63 runs.
The victory of the Indian team became final in the last over.
Indian team had remained unbeaten throughout the tournament and played amazing matches with grace and skill.
India had also defeated Pakistan in the T20 Blind World Cup final last year. The team did it again and made the country proud by their performance and amazing sportsmanship.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Australia refuses entry to Kerala Catholic priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News