Nail biting 2-wicket win over Pakistan gets India title of Blind World Cup champions for the 2nd time
January 21, 2018
Defending champions India continued their champion streak at the fifth Blind Cricket World Cup at Sharjah Stadium in the United Arab Emirates.
Man of the Match was Sunil Ramesh
India had to fight hard and managed to win the close contest in the finals by two wickets and with one over to spare. Some fantastic bowling was seen by India as they managed to restrict arch rivals Pakistan to 307 for 8 wickets in 40 overs. Deepak Malik and Rambir took 2 wickets and Sunil Ramesh took 1.
A half century by Badar Muni from Pakistan helped them set a good target. Munir scored 57 in 61 balls while Risayat Khan scored 48 in 38 balls and skipper Nisar Ali made a quick 47.
Man of the Match Sunil Ramesh's fantastic 93 runs in 67 balls and captain Ajay Reddy's 62 runs in 60 balls pushed India to victory. Prakash and Venkatesh opened in grand style and gave a flying start. They managed the scoring rate at 10 runs per over. Venkatesh scored 35 runs in 32 balls, while Prakash scored 44 runs in 42 balls.
Team India remained unbeaten throughout the Blind World Cup
The game's chances kept swinging but Team India keep their calm and never lost hopes. G.K Mahantesh, President of the Cricket Association for the Blind in India and World Blind Cricket congratulated Team India for playing extremely well in all the matches, including the finals.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News