Deaf actor & model Nyle DiMarco pays surprise visit to Priyanka Chopra
Priyanka Chopra had a surprise visitor at the New York sets of her TV show Quantico. She was shooting for the spy thriller when Nyle DiMarco, an actor and model who was born deaf, paid her a visit.
Priyanka later tweeted - “Was lovely to have you on set @nyledimarco and your surprise was truly a surprise! I’m so glad u did! Lol.
DiMarco grew up in a deaf family. Over 25 members of his family are deaf. He is a spokesperson for LEAD-K (Language Equality and Acquisition for Deaf Kids). He is also a signer and creative collaborator on The ASL App, an app that teaches American Sign Language.
In 2016, DiMarco started The Nyle DiMarco Foundation and became famous after appearing in Dancing with the Stars.
Quantico returns for its third season in April. The show also features deaf actor and Academy Award winner Marlee Matlin.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019