Deaf actor & model Nyle DiMarco pays surprise visit to Priyanka Chopra
January 22, 2018
Priyanka Chopra had a surprise visitor at the New York sets of her TV show Quantico. She was shooting for the spy thriller when Nyle DiMarco, an actor and model who was born deaf, paid her a visit.
Priyanka later tweeted - "Was lovely to have you on set @nyledimarco and your surprise was truly a surprise! I'm so glad u did! Lol.
DiMarco grew up in a deaf family. Over 25 members of his family are deaf. He is a spokesperson for LEAD-K (Language Equality and Acquisition for Deaf Kids). He is also a signer and creative collaborator on The ASL App, an app that teaches American Sign Language.
In 2016, DiMarco started The Nyle DiMarco Foundation and became famous after appearing in Dancing with the Stars.
Quantico returns for its third season in April. The show also features deaf actor and Academy Award winner Marlee Matlin.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News