Blind lead the way at this unique car rally in Gurgaon
It was a car rally with a difference as the blind turned navigators and guided drivers with vision through some rough terrain spanning 47 kilometres.
The idea was to send out a message that disability is no barrier to taking up any activity.
While the rally was about raising awareness about the importance of following traffic rules, it also gave the blind an opportunity to overcome their disabilities and showcase their road navigating skills.
The rally covered a range of terrain, from state highways to dirt tracks in villages. The driving gave participants an opportunity to experience and explore the Aravallis and other challenging terrains.
There were participants from Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, and Chandigarh. The drivers were not familiar with the route and were totally dependent on their navigators for help with a route map in Braille.
Thirty five cars took part in the rally. The coordination, bonding and team work between the drivers and navigators stood out.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Accessibility December 4, 2018 Chennai's iconic Marina Beach turns accessible for two days
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 4, 2018 India’s first engineless ‘Train 18’ completes successful trial run
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Campaigning for accessibility from UAE to India - My Take by Shobhika Kalra, Co-founder, Wings of Angelz
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News