Blind lead the way at this unique car rally in Gurgaon
January 23, 2018
It was a car rally with a difference as the blind turned navigators and guided drivers with vision through some rough terrain spanning 47 kilometres.
The idea was to send out a message that disability is no barrier to taking up any activity.
While the rally was about raising awareness about the importance of following traffic rules, it also gave the blind an opportunity to overcome their disabilities and showcase their road navigating skills.
The rally covered a range of terrain, from state highways to dirt tracks in villages. The driving gave participants an opportunity to experience and explore the Aravallis and other challenging terrains.
There were participants from Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, and Chandigarh. The drivers were not familiar with the route and were totally dependent on their navigators for help with a route map in Braille.
Thirty five cars took part in the rally. The coordination, bonding and team work between the drivers and navigators stood out.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Headlines July 19, 2019 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News