Blind lead the way at this unique car rally in Gurgaon
It was a car rally with a difference as the blind turned navigators and guided drivers with vision through some rough terrain spanning 47 kilometres.
The idea was to send out a message that disability is no barrier to taking up any activity.
While the rally was about raising awareness about the importance of following traffic rules, it also gave the blind an opportunity to overcome their disabilities and showcase their road navigating skills.
The rally covered a range of terrain, from state highways to dirt tracks in villages. The driving gave participants an opportunity to experience and explore the Aravallis and other challenging terrains.
There were participants from Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, and Chandigarh. The drivers were not familiar with the route and were totally dependent on their navigators for help with a route map in Braille.
Thirty five cars took part in the rally. The coordination, bonding and team work between the drivers and navigators stood out.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News