Points to check before sending resume
A Resume is an important part of job application. Apart from paper resumes, resumes are now mostly emailed to prospective employers. Before sending the resumes take a look at the below points to ensure that the resume is perfect.
Checklist for sending a Resume by Email
- Use a simple font and do not add a variety of fonts as that can look unprofessional and unattractive.
- Make sure that the resume is made as per the specific job you are applying for. This can be done by highlighting the skills and experiences that a particular job or company needs.
- The length of the resume should remain limited to a maximum of two pages. Remove unnecessary details and keep the information that is most relevant.
- Ensure that there are no typos or typing errors on the resume. That will make for a bad impression on the prospective employers for sure. Read the resume and recheck for any spellings or grammatical errors.
- Always send a cover letter with the resume. Keep it short and simple.
- Do not use any silly or funny sounding email addresses to send the resume emails. Create and use a simple and decent email address for professional use.
- Do not send the resume as a group mail. Do not send to "to whomsoever it may concern" and try to find the name or designation of the mail recipient.