Government tells TV channels to carry President's Republic Day speech in sign language
The government has told TV channels that they could carry the President’s speech and the Republic Day commentary aired on Doordarshan, which will broadcast them with sign language interpretation for the benefit of the disabled.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has said that requests have been received for facilitating access to the disabled to the President’s speech and commentary of the Republic Day ceremony by carrying the telecast with sign language interpretation and English/Hindi captions.
DD Bharati will carry sign language interpretation of the President’s address to the nation from 7 pm to 7:30 PM today. DD News will carry the sign language interpretation of the commentary on the Republic Day parade from 9 am till the end of ceremony) on 26 January.
The feed of DD News and DD Bharati is being made available free. For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News