Government tells TV channels to carry President's Republic Day speech in sign language
January 25, 2018
The government has told TV channels that they could carry the President's speech and the Republic Day commentary aired on Doordarshan, which will broadcast them with sign language interpretation for the benefit of the disabled.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has said that requests have been received for facilitating access to the disabled to the President's speech and commentary of the Republic Day ceremony by carrying the telecast with sign language interpretation and English/Hindi captions.
DD Bharati will carry sign language interpretation of the President's address to the nation from 7 pm to 7:30 PM today. DD News will carry the sign language interpretation of the commentary on the Republic Day parade from 9 am till the end of ceremony) on 26 January.
The feed of DD News and DD Bharati is being made available free. For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News