Government tells TV channels to carry President's Republic Day speech in sign language
The government has told TV channels that they could carry the President’s speech and the Republic Day commentary aired on Doordarshan, which will broadcast them with sign language interpretation for the benefit of the disabled.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has said that requests have been received for facilitating access to the disabled to the President’s speech and commentary of the Republic Day ceremony by carrying the telecast with sign language interpretation and English/Hindi captions.
DD Bharati will carry sign language interpretation of the President’s address to the nation from 7 pm to 7:30 PM today. DD News will carry the sign language interpretation of the commentary on the Republic Day parade from 9 am till the end of ceremony) on 26 January.
The feed of DD News and DD Bharati is being made available free. For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App
Watch in Sign Language
- Ashok Munne's trips build friendships, promote inclusion & shatter notions about disability
October 24, 2018
- Some tips to help boost self-esteem of a child with autism
October 24, 2018
- Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
October 23, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events October 18, 2018 ConneXion
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Chaarana Centre for Special Needs is a haven for disabled children in Bengaluru
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Parasports October 23, 2018 Mumbai to host first national throwball & swimming camp this week
- Education October 24, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability- Dyscalculia
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Parasports October 22, 2018 India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Jio Diwali Dhamaka Offer brings yearlong free calling for just 1699
- Events October 17, 2018 NAB Presents Interactive Meeting with a Global Leader in Accessibility
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News