Ixhelt Gonzalez is youngest player in U.S. Women's National Wheelchair Basketball Team
January 26, 2018
Ixhelt Gonzalez is the youngest player who has been made a team member of the U.S. Women's National Wheelchair Basketball Team. She is only 17 year old and is from Chicago, USA.
Gonzalez has femoral anteversion that causes an inward twisting of the thigh bone. The condition causes your child's knees and feet to turn inward and have a "pigeon-toed" appearance.
Gonzalez does not have to use a wheel chair in her daily life and has been selected due to talent.
She has been playing the game for several years now and her coaches are proud of her selection.
She is also preparing for her selection to the August World Championships in Germany and also the 2020 Paralympic Games in Tokyo.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News