Kolkata's first inclusive meet up gives city's disabled people an opportunity to connect
January 27, 2018
About 40 off people with disabilities came together at a hotel in Kolkata for the city's first inclusive meet up organised by Inclov.
Inclov, which is an organisation that runs a matchmaking mobile app of the same name, regularly organises such events to enable people with disabilities to make friends.
The gathering also included many people, without any physical disability. The programme was emceed by Den Mukherjee, a former radio jockey, who has cerebral palsy.
Launched two years ago, the Inclov app has so far got 30,000 registrations. People are asked to share pictures, names and the extent of the physical challenge to maintain transparency.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 10, 2019 Karnataka political crisis intensifies
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Events July 11, 2019 North East Disability Summit
- Events July 11, 2019 Cell Therapy: A Unique Approach at Treating Cerebral Palsy & GDD
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News