Kolkata's first inclusive meet up gives city's disabled people an opportunity to connect
About 40 off people with disabilities came together at a hotel in Kolkata for the city's first inclusive meet up organised by Inclov.
Inclov, which is an organisation that runs a matchmaking mobile app of the same name, regularly organises such events to enable people with disabilities to make friends.
The gathering also included many people, without any physical disability. The programme was emceed by Den Mukherjee, a former radio jockey, who has cerebral palsy.
Launched two years ago, the Inclov app has so far got 30,000 registrations. People are asked to share pictures, names and the extent of the physical challenge to maintain transparency.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News