Kolkata's first inclusive meet up gives city's disabled people an opportunity to connect
About 40 off people with disabilities came together at a hotel in Kolkata for the city's first inclusive meet up organised by Inclov.
Inclov, which is an organisation that runs a matchmaking mobile app of the same name, regularly organises such events to enable people with disabilities to make friends.
The gathering also included many people, without any physical disability. The programme was emceed by Den Mukherjee, a former radio jockey, who has cerebral palsy.
Launched two years ago, the Inclov app has so far got 30,000 registrations. People are asked to share pictures, names and the extent of the physical challenge to maintain transparency.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018