Paralympian Matt Formston gives lessons in surfing to blind children in Australia
January 26, 2018
A group of visually impaired children from the New South Wales, a state on the east coast of Australia, had a life changing experience this week.
The children were part of a master class where they were taught surfing the waves.
The class was organised by Matt Formston who is a cycling Paralympian and world champion in adaptive surfing's blind category. Vision Australia, a non-profit organisation in Australia was behind the initiative.
The aim of the class was to bring the children together in a group effort and also help them enjoy beyond their comfort level.
When visually impaired children meet others like themselves, they get more strength to face challenges and also feel less isolated.
The children were excited to feel the waves and the experience will remain with them for a long time to come.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News