Paralympian Matt Formston gives lessons in surfing to blind children in Australia
A group of visually impaired children from the New South Wales, a state on the east coast of Australia, had a life changing experience this week.
The children were part of a master class where they were taught surfing the waves.
The class was organised by Matt Formston who is a cycling Paralympian and world champion in adaptive surfing's blind category. Vision Australia, a non-profit organisation in Australia was behind the initiative.
The aim of the class was to bring the children together in a group effort and also help them enjoy beyond their comfort level.
When visually impaired children meet others like themselves, they get more strength to face challenges and also feel less isolated.
The children were excited to feel the waves and the experience will remain with them for a long time to come.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News