Paralympian Matt Formston gives lessons in surfing to blind children in Australia
January 26, 2018
A group of visually impaired children from the New South Wales, a state on the east coast of Australia, had a life changing experience this week.
The children were part of a master class where they were taught surfing the waves.
The class was organised by Matt Formston who is a cycling Paralympian and world champion in adaptive surfing's blind category. Vision Australia, a non-profit organisation in Australia was behind the initiative.
The aim of the class was to bring the children together in a group effort and also help them enjoy beyond their comfort level.
When visually impaired children meet others like themselves, they get more strength to face challenges and also feel less isolated.
The children were excited to feel the waves and the experience will remain with them for a long time to come.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News