This artist will hold her exhibition in total darkness so others experience the world of the blind
Victoria Claire is an artist with a degenerative eye disease that affects her vision completely.
Her art work will be displayed as part of a unique art exhibition in Herne Bay, England.
The exhibition will be called A Sixth Sense and will start from 6 February to 18 February. The exhibition is based on the theme of inclusion and will be held in complete darkness.
Victoria Claire makes sculptures and the visitors will be allowed to feel them in the darkness irrespective of their vision abilities.
The aim is to create understanding and awareness in people who can see about the dark world that the visually impaired live in.
The exhibition visitors will enter a black room in dark, guided by a tactile path and guide rope, and experience six sculptures, each representing a different sense.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019