This artist will hold her exhibition in total darkness so others experience the world of the blind
January 27, 2018
Victoria Claire is an artist with a degenerative eye disease that affects her vision completely.
Her art work will be displayed as part of a unique art exhibition in Herne Bay, England.
The exhibition will be called A Sixth Sense and will start from 6 February to 18 February. The exhibition is based on the theme of inclusion and will be held in complete darkness.
Victoria Claire makes sculptures and the visitors will be allowed to feel them in the darkness irrespective of their vision abilities.
The aim is to create understanding and awareness in people who can see about the dark world that the visually impaired live in.
The exhibition visitors will enter a black room in dark, guided by a tactile path and guide rope, and experience six sculptures, each representing a different sense.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Events July 18, 2019 3rd National wheelchair Rugby Championship 2019
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News