This artist will hold her exhibition in total darkness so others experience the world of the blind
Victoria Claire is an artist with a degenerative eye disease that affects her vision completely.
Her art work will be displayed as part of a unique art exhibition in Herne Bay, England.
The exhibition will be called A Sixth Sense and will start from 6 February to 18 February. The exhibition is based on the theme of inclusion and will be held in complete darkness.
Victoria Claire makes sculptures and the visitors will be allowed to feel them in the darkness irrespective of their vision abilities.
The aim is to create understanding and awareness in people who can see about the dark world that the visually impaired live in.
The exhibition visitors will enter a black room in dark, guided by a tactile path and guide rope, and experience six sculptures, each representing a different sense.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 How disabled people can expedite their inclusion in society - Guest column by Turab Chimthanawala
- Get-hooked December 7, 2018 A writing contest with disability as the theme. Know more
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News