Haryana's top sporting honour goes to golf champ Ranveer Saini, who shows the ability in autism
January 28, 2018
The government of Haryana has awarded the Bhim award, which is the state's top sporting honour, to Ranveer Saini.
Saini, who has autism, has won many accolades in the international arena, and was was felicitated as the golf champion of the state by Haryana's education minister, Ram Bilas Sharma. His name had been recommended for the award in 2017.
What makes this special is that Ranveer was not honoured under any special or reserved category but under the sports category, said his father. He was honoured alongside every other sportsperson.
Ranveer was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder before he turned two, and his life has been a list of achievements. Also striking is his ability to adapt, adjust to, and embrace, everything life throws at him.
In the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games in Los Angeles, he won the gold medal. And in 2017, he won the 2017 Macau Special Olympics Golf Masters in his first outing in Level-V, the highest category for Special Olympics golfers.
Ranveer also won three golds at the Asia Pacific Games, has found a mention in the Limca Book of Records for three years straight, and was also the winner of the 'Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year' award in 2016.
He is looking forward to repeating that victory in the 2019 Summer Games to be held in Abu Dhabi.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News