This one armed wonder from Jharkhand delights with her bowling and batting skills
Nishtha Kumari, a 13-year-old girl with one arm, is delighting cricket lovers with her impressive bowling and batting skills. The girl from Dhanbad in Jharkhand, is part of the the East zone cricket team taking part in the ongoing U-16 zonal cricket tournament for woman.
Nishtha, who is a class 7 student of Delhi Public School Dhanbad, used to play badminton but was never selected to a team because of her disability. She then gave cricket a shot and has not looked back. She has been playing successfully for over one year now.
After watching her seniors play cricket closely, Nishtha showed interest to play for the school team. She approached her sports school teacher so she could try out for the girls' team.
She is a die-hard Virat Kohli fan and says her aim is to become an IAS officer. She loves cricket as it helps her unwind and is also helpful for physical and mental health.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News