This one armed wonder from Jharkhand delights with her bowling and batting skills
Nishtha Kumari, a 13-year-old girl with one arm, is delighting cricket lovers with her impressive bowling and batting skills. The girl from Dhanbad in Jharkhand, is part of the the East zone cricket team taking part in the ongoing U-16 zonal cricket tournament for woman.
Nishtha, who is a class 7 student of Delhi Public School Dhanbad, used to play badminton but was never selected to a team because of her disability. She then gave cricket a shot and has not looked back. She has been playing successfully for over one year now.
After watching her seniors play cricket closely, Nishtha showed interest to play for the school team. She approached her sports school teacher so she could try out for the girls' team.
She is a die-hard Virat Kohli fan and says her aim is to become an IAS officer. She loves cricket as it helps her unwind and is also helpful for physical and mental health.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News