This one armed wonder from Jharkhand delights with her bowling and batting skills
January 28, 2018
Nishtha Kumari, a 13-year-old girl with one arm, is delighting cricket lovers with her impressive bowling and batting skills. The girl from Dhanbad in Jharkhand, is part of the the East zone cricket team taking part in the ongoing U-16 zonal cricket tournament for woman.
Nishtha, who is a class 7 student of Delhi Public School Dhanbad, used to play badminton but was never selected to a team because of her disability. She then gave cricket a shot and has not looked back. She has been playing successfully for over one year now.
After watching her seniors play cricket closely, Nishtha showed interest to play for the school team. She approached her sports school teacher so she could try out for the girls' team.
She is a die-hard Virat Kohli fan and says her aim is to become an IAS officer. She loves cricket as it helps her unwind and is also helpful for physical and mental health.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 27, 2019 #ChangeMakers - Sonia Jaitley believes in helping children with disabilities unlock their strengths
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News