This one armed wonder from Jharkhand delights with her bowling and batting skills
Nishtha Kumari, a 13-year-old girl with one arm, is delighting cricket lovers with her impressive bowling and batting skills. The girl from Dhanbad in Jharkhand, is part of the the East zone cricket team taking part in the ongoing U-16 zonal cricket tournament for woman.
Nishtha, who is a class 7 student of Delhi Public School Dhanbad, used to play badminton but was never selected to a team because of her disability. She then gave cricket a shot and has not looked back. She has been playing successfully for over one year now.
After watching her seniors play cricket closely, Nishtha showed interest to play for the school team. She approached her sports school teacher so she could try out for the girls' team.
She is a die-hard Virat Kohli fan and says her aim is to become an IAS officer. She loves cricket as it helps her unwind and is also helpful for physical and mental health.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 11, 2018 Prajith Jaipal is on a mission to create an India that is accessible to all
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Events October 11, 2018 Workshop On Social Stories
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 This disabled girl from Kerala is fighting roadblocks to get a driver’s license
- Events October 11, 2018 Smartphone Apps Workshop for Visually Impaired People
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News