This one armed wonder from Jharkhand delights with her bowling and batting skills
January 28, 2018
Nishtha Kumari, a 13-year-old girl with one arm, is delighting cricket lovers with her impressive bowling and batting skills. The girl from Dhanbad in Jharkhand, is part of the the East zone cricket team taking part in the ongoing U-16 zonal cricket tournament for woman.
Nishtha, who is a class 7 student of Delhi Public School Dhanbad, used to play badminton but was never selected to a team because of her disability. She then gave cricket a shot and has not looked back. She has been playing successfully for over one year now.
After watching her seniors play cricket closely, Nishtha showed interest to play for the school team. She approached her sports school teacher so she could try out for the girls' team.
She is a die-hard Virat Kohli fan and says her aim is to become an IAS officer. She loves cricket as it helps her unwind and is also helpful for physical and mental health.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 12, 2019 IPL 2019- CSK beats RR
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News