Indian cricket board will reward blind cricket team, promises jobs, financial security
India’s blind cricket players, who recently won the World Cup, will be rewarded for their performance. This was a promise made by the BCCI chairman Vinod Rai today.
India beat Pakistan by two wickets in a thrilling summit clash to retain the Blind Cricket World Cup title in Sharjah. Praises are pouring in for the team, which has now won the title twice.
Within a week's time, the BCCI is likely to make an announcement about how much money has been set aside. To encourage the team and promote blind cricket, more steps will be announced as well.
Rai said the Cricket Board will look to provide them financial security after hearing reports that many of them are disillusioned.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019