Indian cricket board will reward blind cricket team, promises jobs, financial security
January 27, 2018
India's blind cricket players, who recently won the World Cup, will be rewarded for their performance. This was a promise made by the BCCI chairman Vinod Rai today.
India beat Pakistan by two wickets in a thrilling summit clash to retain the Blind Cricket World Cup title in Sharjah. Praises are pouring in for the team, which has now won the title twice.
Within a week's time, the BCCI is likely to make an announcement about how much money has been set aside. To encourage the team and promote blind cricket, more steps will be announced as well.
Rai said the Cricket Board will look to provide them financial security after hearing reports that many of them are disillusioned.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News