Indian cricket board will reward blind cricket team, promises jobs, financial security
January 27, 2018
India's blind cricket players, who recently won the World Cup, will be rewarded for their performance. This was a promise made by the BCCI chairman Vinod Rai today.
India beat Pakistan by two wickets in a thrilling summit clash to retain the Blind Cricket World Cup title in Sharjah. Praises are pouring in for the team, which has now won the title twice.
Within a week's time, the BCCI is likely to make an announcement about how much money has been set aside. To encourage the team and promote blind cricket, more steps will be announced as well.
Rai said the Cricket Board will look to provide them financial security after hearing reports that many of them are disillusioned.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 18, 2019 RUN for Wheels Marathon
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News