Paralysed British man to run in Marathon using a robot suit
Simon Kindleysides is paralyzed and hopes to win the London Marathon this year. He will be using a specially made robotic suit to take part in the marathon.
The robotic suit is an Exoskeleton called the 'Rewalk Exoskeleton' that has allowed Simon to walk on his own after five years.
He had become paralysed after a brain tumour and was moving around in a wheel chair until the robot suit came into his life.
The father of three young children is now happy with the Exoskeleton and aspires to complete the 26.2-mile London marathon in April.
With his attempt he also hopes to raise money for the Brain Tumour Charity and is busy training these days.
Apart from this he is also busy filming for a new BBC music reality show that will have him appear as one of the judges.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 14, 2019 Disabled Kerala artist Surendran finds his creative side in incredible ball pen art
- Headlines January 13, 2019 Banker-politician Meera Sanyal laid to rest
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Gujarat becomes first state to implement 10% reservation for general category
- Events January 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Accessibility January 10, 2019 Adaptive clothing now at your doorstep, thanks to these Indian fashion brands
- Headlines January 16, 2019 MeToo: Film industry members defend Raju Hirani
- Events January 11, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News