Paralysed British man to run in Marathon using a robot suit
Simon Kindleysides is paralyzed and hopes to win the London Marathon this year. He will be using a specially made robotic suit to take part in the marathon.
The robotic suit is an Exoskeleton called the 'Rewalk Exoskeleton' that has allowed Simon to walk on his own after five years.
He had become paralysed after a brain tumour and was moving around in a wheel chair until the robot suit came into his life.
The father of three young children is now happy with the Exoskeleton and aspires to complete the 26.2-mile London marathon in April.
With his attempt he also hopes to raise money for the Brain Tumour Charity and is busy training these days.
Apart from this he is also busy filming for a new BBC music reality show that will have him appear as one of the judges.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 The Executive Age of children with ADHD, find out more
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Accessibility November 10, 2018 Actual number of disabled voters in Telangana missing from list, activists ask for special campaign
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Miss Deaf Asia Nishtha Dudeja credits her win to a fighting spirit, a Newz Hook exclusive
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018