Paralysed British man to run in Marathon using a robot suit
January 28, 2018
Simon Kindleysides is paralyzed and hopes to win the London Marathon this year. He will be using a specially made robotic suit to take part in the marathon.
The robotic suit is an Exoskeleton called the 'Rewalk Exoskeleton' that has allowed Simon to walk on his own after five years.
He had become paralysed after a brain tumour and was moving around in a wheel chair until the robot suit came into his life.
The father of three young children is now happy with the Exoskeleton and aspires to complete the 26.2-mile London marathon in April.
With his attempt he also hopes to raise money for the Brain Tumour Charity and is busy training these days.
Apart from this he is also busy filming for a new BBC music reality show that will have him appear as one of the judges.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 Sports has many benefits for amputees, so go for it, say experts
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
- Accessibility May 26, 2019 'Have a right to be out & about', says Sindhu, only wheelchair user to attend Kerala's Attukal Pongala festival
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Video of candidate crying over 5 votes goes viral
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News