Paralysed British man to run in Marathon using a robot suit
January 28, 2018
Simon Kindleysides is paralyzed and hopes to win the London Marathon this year. He will be using a specially made robotic suit to take part in the marathon.
The robotic suit is an Exoskeleton called the 'Rewalk Exoskeleton' that has allowed Simon to walk on his own after five years.
He had become paralysed after a brain tumour and was moving around in a wheel chair until the robot suit came into his life.
The father of three young children is now happy with the Exoskeleton and aspires to complete the 26.2-mile London marathon in April.
With his attempt he also hopes to raise money for the Brain Tumour Charity and is busy training these days.
Apart from this he is also busy filming for a new BBC music reality show that will have him appear as one of the judges.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
- Lifestyle August 14, 2019 Round necked kurtas for women for that elegant, festive look
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Events August 14, 2019 Let your hands do the talking
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News