Paralysed British man to run in Marathon using a robot suit
January 28, 2018
Simon Kindleysides is paralyzed and hopes to win the London Marathon this year. He will be using a specially made robotic suit to take part in the marathon.
The robotic suit is an Exoskeleton called the 'Rewalk Exoskeleton' that has allowed Simon to walk on his own after five years.
He had become paralysed after a brain tumour and was moving around in a wheel chair until the robot suit came into his life.
The father of three young children is now happy with the Exoskeleton and aspires to complete the 26.2-mile London marathon in April.
With his attempt he also hopes to raise money for the Brain Tumour Charity and is busy training these days.
Apart from this he is also busy filming for a new BBC music reality show that will have him appear as one of the judges.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
- Headlines March 22, 2019 BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News