Blind 85-year-old professor thrills with her moves on the slopes
For 85-year-old Gillian Lindt, a retired Columbia University professor, age is nothing more than a number.
Lindt, who lives in the United States but is originally from Scandinavia, has led quite the life.
She suffers from macular degeneration, and is completely blind in one eye and can only occasionally see movement in her other. But that does not stop her from showing her moves on the slopes on skis. She says that when she is on the ski, she glides.
Gillian lost her sight 14 years ago, but thanks to the help of a two-way radio and a special instructor in her ear, she manages the slopes quite well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019