Blind 85-year-old professor thrills with her moves on the slopes
January 29, 2018
For 85-year-old Gillian Lindt, a retired Columbia University professor, age is nothing more than a number.
Lindt, who lives in the United States but is originally from Scandinavia, has led quite the life.
She suffers from macular degeneration, and is completely blind in one eye and can only occasionally see movement in her other. But that does not stop her from showing her moves on the slopes on skis. She says that when she is on the ski, she glides.
Gillian lost her sight 14 years ago, but thanks to the help of a two-way radio and a special instructor in her ear, she manages the slopes quite well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News