Blind 85-year-old professor thrills with her moves on the slopes
For 85-year-old Gillian Lindt, a retired Columbia University professor, age is nothing more than a number.
Lindt, who lives in the United States but is originally from Scandinavia, has led quite the life.
She suffers from macular degeneration, and is completely blind in one eye and can only occasionally see movement in her other. But that does not stop her from showing her moves on the slopes on skis. She says that when she is on the ski, she glides.
Gillian lost her sight 14 years ago, but thanks to the help of a two-way radio and a special instructor in her ear, she manages the slopes quite well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Prime Minister Modi attends Priyanka-Nick’s reception party
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Employment December 6, 2018 Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018