Blind 85-year-old professor thrills with her moves on the slopes
January 29, 2018
For 85-year-old Gillian Lindt, a retired Columbia University professor, age is nothing more than a number.
Lindt, who lives in the United States but is originally from Scandinavia, has led quite the life.
She suffers from macular degeneration, and is completely blind in one eye and can only occasionally see movement in her other. But that does not stop her from showing her moves on the slopes on skis. She says that when she is on the ski, she glides.
Gillian lost her sight 14 years ago, but thanks to the help of a two-way radio and a special instructor in her ear, she manages the slopes quite well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News