Fashion Competition for hearing impaired held in Chandigarh
January 29, 2018
Mr & Ms Deaf Fashion Competition was recently took place in Chandigarh for people with hearing impairments. The event was organised by Deafeasy at Deaf and Dumb School at the Lions Club.
It was a unique competition for the deaf people as no such Fashion event has been organised in the region earlier.
The hearing impaired participants came not just from Chandigarh but also from parts of Punjab and the neighboring state of Himachal Pradesh.
More than 25 participants took part in the two categories, married and unmarried.
The Fashion Competition had three rounds. The first round had a ramp walk followed by a round with traditional clothing.
The final round was question and answers round that tested the intelligence of the participants.
The volunteers who took care of the arrangements such as registration, choreography, photography were also hearing impaired.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Headlines April 12, 2019 IPL 2019- CSK beats RR
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News