Fashion Competition for hearing impaired held in Chandigarh
Mr & Ms Deaf Fashion Competition was recently took place in Chandigarh for people with hearing impairments. The event was organised by Deafeasy at Deaf and Dumb School at the Lions Club.
It was a unique competition for the deaf people as no such Fashion event has been organised in the region earlier.
The hearing impaired participants came not just from Chandigarh but also from parts of Punjab and the neighboring state of Himachal Pradesh.
More than 25 participants took part in the two categories, married and unmarried.
The Fashion Competition had three rounds. The first round had a ramp walk followed by a round with traditional clothing.
The final round was question and answers round that tested the intelligence of the participants.
The volunteers who took care of the arrangements such as registration, choreography, photography were also hearing impaired.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Deepika Padukone made 112 crore this year, makes it to top 5 of Forbes’ list
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Five people arrested in killing of police officer at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines December 6, 2018 India vs Australia announce teams for Adelaide Test
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 VaccesS 2018 an exhibition about innovative & latest assistive devices
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News