Fashion Competition for hearing impaired held in Chandigarh
January 29, 2018
Mr & Ms Deaf Fashion Competition was recently took place in Chandigarh for people with hearing impairments. The event was organised by Deafeasy at Deaf and Dumb School at the Lions Club.
It was a unique competition for the deaf people as no such Fashion event has been organised in the region earlier.
The hearing impaired participants came not just from Chandigarh but also from parts of Punjab and the neighboring state of Himachal Pradesh.
More than 25 participants took part in the two categories, married and unmarried.
The Fashion Competition had three rounds. The first round had a ramp walk followed by a round with traditional clothing.
The final round was question and answers round that tested the intelligence of the participants.
The volunteers who took care of the arrangements such as registration, choreography, photography were also hearing impaired.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News