Free banking and competitive exam coaching for disabled in Odisha
January 30, 2018
The government of Odisha has taken a decision to give free coaching to people with disabilities who wish to appear for banking and competitive exams.
The government's decision comes in view of the success achieved by disabled students in the recently held Odisha Teachers' Eligibility Test.
All the disabled students who were given free coaching for OTET successfully qualified the test. They are now eligible to be posted as teachers in the state.
As per the new declaration, the Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Handicapped (VRCH) will create the three month long free coaching course.
The free coaching facility can make the students empowered and they can aim for better jobs and a stable professional life.
The financial freedom will help make them independent and create a higher standard of life for themselves.
In 2017, 20 people with disabilities had qualified for the Odisha Administrative Services.
These included five hearing impaired, eight visually impaired and seven with orthopedic disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News