Free banking and competitive exam coaching for disabled in Odisha
January 30, 2018
The government of Odisha has taken a decision to give free coaching to people with disabilities who wish to appear for banking and competitive exams.
The government's decision comes in view of the success achieved by disabled students in the recently held Odisha Teachers' Eligibility Test.
All the disabled students who were given free coaching for OTET successfully qualified the test. They are now eligible to be posted as teachers in the state.
As per the new declaration, the Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Handicapped (VRCH) will create the three month long free coaching course.
The free coaching facility can make the students empowered and they can aim for better jobs and a stable professional life.
The financial freedom will help make them independent and create a higher standard of life for themselves.
In 2017, 20 people with disabilities had qualified for the Odisha Administrative Services.
These included five hearing impaired, eight visually impaired and seven with orthopedic disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News