Free banking and competitive exam coaching for disabled in Odisha
The government of Odisha has taken a decision to give free coaching to people with disabilities who wish to appear for banking and competitive exams.
The government’s decision comes in view of the success achieved by disabled students in the recently held Odisha Teachers' Eligibility Test.
All the disabled students who were given free coaching for OTET successfully qualified the test. They are now eligible to be posted as teachers in the state.
As per the new declaration, the Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Handicapped (VRCH) will create the three month long free coaching course.
The free coaching facility can make the students empowered and they can aim for better jobs and a stable professional life.
The financial freedom will help make them independent and create a higher standard of life for themselves.
In 2017, 20 people with disabilities had qualified for the Odisha Administrative Services.
These included five hearing impaired, eight visually impaired and seven with orthopedic disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News