Online dating is great but should you tell your date you have a disability?
Online dating is a popular way to meet new people and are fast catching up in India. But if you have a disability, should you tell your date upfront?
Dating with a disability comes with some added complications. Someone may have limited mobility and can meet only in some places. Or there might be language difficulties and this requires a certain level of understanding from the other person.
Should all this be stated on your profile or is it best disclosed while chatting online? Or better still, wait until you meet up and get them to see the real you before revealing your disability?
If you were to turn up on the date in a wheelchair, your date may be surprised because you did not mention it online. Some people simply don't get disabilities and think its OK to ask intrusive questions.
The best approach many believe is to be simply upfront about you disability. Don't lie about it. Besides if the person you are dating cannot see past the disability and see who you really are, then he or she is not the right person for you.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Kerala wheelchair user faces police harassment, organizations rally in support
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India finish with 72 medals in Asian Para Games, record best ever performance
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Some ways to celebrate an inclusive dandiya festival
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Goa Governor’s comment about blind people raises hackles
- Headlines October 14, 2018 Industry 4.0 will create jobs, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News