Online dating is great but should you tell your date you have a disability?
Online dating is a popular way to meet new people and are fast catching up in India. But if you have a disability, should you tell your date upfront?
Dating with a disability comes with some added complications. Someone may have limited mobility and can meet only in some places. Or there might be language difficulties and this requires a certain level of understanding from the other person.
Should all this be stated on your profile or is it best disclosed while chatting online? Or better still, wait until you meet up and get them to see the real you before revealing your disability?
If you were to turn up on the date in a wheelchair, your date may be surprised because you did not mention it online. Some people simply don't get disabilities and think its OK to ask intrusive questions.
The best approach many believe is to be simply upfront about you disability. Don't lie about it. Besides if the person you are dating cannot see past the disability and see who you really are, then he or she is not the right person for you.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019