Online dating is great but should you tell your date you have a disability?
February 1, 2018
Online dating is a popular way to meet new people and are fast catching up in India. But if you have a disability, should you tell your date upfront?
Dating with a disability comes with some added complications. Someone may have limited mobility and can meet only in some places. Or there might be language difficulties and this requires a certain level of understanding from the other person.
Should all this be stated on your profile or is it best disclosed while chatting online? Or better still, wait until you meet up and get them to see the real you before revealing your disability?
If you were to turn up on the date in a wheelchair, your date may be surprised because you did not mention it online. Some people simply don't get disabilities and think its OK to ask intrusive questions.
The best approach many believe is to be simply upfront about you disability. Don't lie about it. Besides if the person you are dating cannot see past the disability and see who you really are, then he or she is not the right person for you.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News