Online dating is great but should you tell your date you have a disability?
Online dating is a popular way to meet new people and are fast catching up in India. But if you have a disability, should you tell your date upfront?
Dating with a disability comes with some added complications. Someone may have limited mobility and can meet only in some places. Or there might be language difficulties and this requires a certain level of understanding from the other person.
Should all this be stated on your profile or is it best disclosed while chatting online? Or better still, wait until you meet up and get them to see the real you before revealing your disability?
If you were to turn up on the date in a wheelchair, your date may be surprised because you did not mention it online. Some people simply don't get disabilities and think its OK to ask intrusive questions.
The best approach many believe is to be simply upfront about you disability. Don't lie about it. Besides if the person you are dating cannot see past the disability and see who you really are, then he or she is not the right person for you.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News