Over 400 public toilets to get ramps in Hyderabad
January 31, 2018
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation also known as the GHMC has started an initiative to build ramps at more than 400 public toilets in the city.
The construction work has already been started at the Sulabh toilet complexes in Hyderabad. Without ramps the disabled people are not able to access the toilets.
The GHMC hopes to make the toilets accessible for the people with disabilities by providing ramps.
Sign boards have also been put up near the toilets to indicate their location for easy access.
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation is also taking care of the cleanliness across the public toilets as part of the cleanliness drive.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News