Over 400 public toilets to get ramps in Hyderabad
January 31, 2018
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation also known as the GHMC has started an initiative to build ramps at more than 400 public toilets in the city.
The construction work has already been started at the Sulabh toilet complexes in Hyderabad. Without ramps the disabled people are not able to access the toilets.
The GHMC hopes to make the toilets accessible for the people with disabilities by providing ramps.
Sign boards have also been put up near the toilets to indicate their location for easy access.
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation is also taking care of the cleanliness across the public toilets as part of the cleanliness drive.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News