Over 400 public toilets to get ramps in Hyderabad
January 31, 2018
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation also known as the GHMC has started an initiative to build ramps at more than 400 public toilets in the city.
The construction work has already been started at the Sulabh toilet complexes in Hyderabad. Without ramps the disabled people are not able to access the toilets.
The GHMC hopes to make the toilets accessible for the people with disabilities by providing ramps.
Sign boards have also been put up near the toilets to indicate their location for easy access.
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation is also taking care of the cleanliness across the public toilets as part of the cleanliness drive.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Life is beautiful, never give up”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News