Get set for a wheelchair cricket tournament in February in Bengaluru!
Cricket gets a new spin this month in Bengaluru!
A year after introducing wheelchair cricket in Karnataka, the Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy along with wheelchair cricket associations of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab, will organise a national tournament in February.
The academy helps disabled take up sports by providing training, coaches, infrastructure and equipment. Matches of the south zone, which includes teams from Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kanyakumari, will be held on 2 and 3 February. The team selected from each zone will compete in the semi-finals in Delhi.
The matches will be played on a mat pitch and with a leather ball. The league matches will be of 12 overs and the final will be of 20 overs. The academy wants more disabled people to participate in national and international matches.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News