Get set for a wheelchair cricket tournament in February in Bengaluru!
February 1, 2018
Cricket gets a new spin this month in Bengaluru!
A year after introducing wheelchair cricket in Karnataka, the Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy along with wheelchair cricket associations of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab, will organise a national tournament in February.
The academy helps disabled take up sports by providing training, coaches, infrastructure and equipment. Matches of the south zone, which includes teams from Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kanyakumari, will be held on 2 and 3 February. The team selected from each zone will compete in the semi-finals in Delhi.
The matches will be played on a mat pitch and with a leather ball. The league matches will be of 12 overs and the final will be of 20 overs. The academy wants more disabled people to participate in national and international matches.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News