Get set for a wheelchair cricket tournament in February in Bengaluru!
February 1, 2018
Cricket gets a new spin this month in Bengaluru!
A year after introducing wheelchair cricket in Karnataka, the Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy along with wheelchair cricket associations of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab, will organise a national tournament in February.
The academy helps disabled take up sports by providing training, coaches, infrastructure and equipment. Matches of the south zone, which includes teams from Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kanyakumari, will be held on 2 and 3 February. The team selected from each zone will compete in the semi-finals in Delhi.
The matches will be played on a mat pitch and with a leather ball. The league matches will be of 12 overs and the final will be of 20 overs. The academy wants more disabled people to participate in national and international matches.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 Online series Safe Cooking offers lessons specially for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Events April 24, 2019 Summer Camp 2019
- Parasports April 24, 2019 Kolkata gears up to host three nation wheelchair cricket T-20 series
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News