Therapy dogs at Mumbai airport help travelers relax
February 1, 2018
Therapy dogs are now providing relief and joy to nervous travelers at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai.
The dogs have been trained to provide comfort and relaxation to travelers who are prone to feeling anxious or stressed before air travel.
The therapy dog consists of Angel, a one-and-half-year-old Golden Retriever, a year-old Labrador named Muffin and a 14-month-old Shitzu called Cocoa. The three are comfort dogs and are handled by Fur Ball Story, a Noida-based organization.
Spending a little time with the dogs and playing with them can help anxious passengers feel relaxed and less stressed before they fly to their destinations.
The organization co-founders Animesh Katiyar and Srishti Sharma travel to Mumbai and bring their dogs to the international airport from 6 pm to 1 am every weekend.
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is the first Indian airport to offer this comforting service.
This service was initially started at the Mumbai airport in 2015 and was handled by Mumbai based Animal Angel's organisation at the time.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News