Punjab sports department to start special coaching for blind athletes in Ludhiana
February 2, 2018
The Punjab Sports department will open a special coaching centre for the blind as well as disabled athletes from across Ludhiana district at the Guru Nanak Stadium.
This is after a local newspaper reported on the state of local blind athletes who took part in the recently held National Blind Athletic Meet. With this centre, players can get the latest coaching techniques from well-qualified government coaches.
The government has made arrangements for blind as well para athletes to start a special training centre in all districts of Punjab. The objective is to make them professional sportspersons so that can compete with national and international players.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News