Punjab sports department to start special coaching for blind athletes in Ludhiana
February 2, 2018
The Punjab Sports department will open a special coaching centre for the blind as well as disabled athletes from across Ludhiana district at the Guru Nanak Stadium.
This is after a local newspaper reported on the state of local blind athletes who took part in the recently held National Blind Athletic Meet. With this centre, players can get the latest coaching techniques from well-qualified government coaches.
The government has made arrangements for blind as well para athletes to start a special training centre in all districts of Punjab. The objective is to make them professional sportspersons so that can compete with national and international players.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News