Punjab sports department to start special coaching for blind athletes in Ludhiana
The Punjab Sports department will open a special coaching centre for the blind as well as disabled athletes from across Ludhiana district at the Guru Nanak Stadium.
This is after a local newspaper reported on the state of local blind athletes who took part in the recently held National Blind Athletic Meet. With this centre, players can get the latest coaching techniques from well-qualified government coaches.
The government has made arrangements for blind as well para athletes to start a special training centre in all districts of Punjab. The objective is to make them professional sportspersons so that can compete with national and international players.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News