Insight Car Rally in Chennai teams up sighted drivers with blind navigators
February 2, 2018
The fifth edition of the TVS Tyres Insight Car Rally is back in Chennai this weekend. The rally will see sighted drivers teaming up with blind navigators.
The rally is being organised by Madurai Ladies Circle 08 in partnership with the Indian Association for the Blind. This year's edition will be free of entry fee.
The event brings out the blind's capability in reading Braille and also educates drivers on the challenges faced by them. The navigators guide the drivers through the planned route of around 30 km drafted in Braille.
This year 15 blind people from Chennai will take part in the event, which will be held on the lines of a professional car rally. The event is an opportunity for the participants to bond with the blind who ensure that the drivers touch the finish line on time. So far 30 teams have registered for the event, which is open to all car owners with valid licence.
The teams will be flagged off from Hotel Fortune Pandiyan and return to the venue for the prize distribution ceremony.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Bollywood actors hail PM Modi for historic win
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 Children with autism more prone to sleep problems, says focused study
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 An exclusive anthem for children with hearing disabilities aims to spread awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News