Insight Car Rally in Chennai teams up sighted drivers with blind navigators
February 2, 2018
The fifth edition of the TVS Tyres Insight Car Rally is back in Chennai this weekend. The rally will see sighted drivers teaming up with blind navigators.
The rally is being organised by Madurai Ladies Circle 08 in partnership with the Indian Association for the Blind. This year's edition will be free of entry fee.
The event brings out the blind's capability in reading Braille and also educates drivers on the challenges faced by them. The navigators guide the drivers through the planned route of around 30 km drafted in Braille.
This year 15 blind people from Chennai will take part in the event, which will be held on the lines of a professional car rally. The event is an opportunity for the participants to bond with the blind who ensure that the drivers touch the finish line on time. So far 30 teams have registered for the event, which is open to all car owners with valid licence.
The teams will be flagged off from Hotel Fortune Pandiyan and return to the venue for the prize distribution ceremony.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News