Insight Car Rally in Chennai teams up sighted drivers with blind navigators
February 2, 2018
The fifth edition of the TVS Tyres Insight Car Rally is back in Chennai this weekend. The rally will see sighted drivers teaming up with blind navigators.
The rally is being organised by Madurai Ladies Circle 08 in partnership with the Indian Association for the Blind. This year's edition will be free of entry fee.
The event brings out the blind's capability in reading Braille and also educates drivers on the challenges faced by them. The navigators guide the drivers through the planned route of around 30 km drafted in Braille.
This year 15 blind people from Chennai will take part in the event, which will be held on the lines of a professional car rally. The event is an opportunity for the participants to bond with the blind who ensure that the drivers touch the finish line on time. So far 30 teams have registered for the event, which is open to all car owners with valid licence.
The teams will be flagged off from Hotel Fortune Pandiyan and return to the venue for the prize distribution ceremony.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Arrest warrant against Congress MP Shashi Tharoor
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News