Insight Car Rally in Chennai teams up sighted drivers with blind navigators
The fifth edition of the TVS Tyres Insight Car Rally is back in Chennai this weekend. The rally will see sighted drivers teaming up with blind navigators.
The rally is being organised by Madurai Ladies Circle 08 in partnership with the Indian Association for the Blind. This year’s edition will be free of entry fee.
The event brings out the blind’s capability in reading Braille and also educates drivers on the challenges faced by them. The navigators guide the drivers through the planned route of around 30 km drafted in Braille.
This year 15 blind people from Chennai will take part in the event, which will be held on the lines of a professional car rally. The event is an opportunity for the participants to bond with the blind who ensure that the drivers touch the finish line on time. So far 30 teams have registered for the event, which is open to all car owners with valid licence.
The teams will be flagged off from Hotel Fortune Pandiyan and return to the venue for the prize distribution ceremony.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Stephen Hawking's wheelchair & thesis fetch over $1 million at auction
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 India takes the fight against leprosy to people's doorsteps
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 New study links high pollution levels to autism, findings a cause for concern for Indian parents
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Help your child with autism sleep better
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018