Insight Car Rally in Chennai teams up sighted drivers with blind navigators
The fifth edition of the TVS Tyres Insight Car Rally is back in Chennai this weekend. The rally will see sighted drivers teaming up with blind navigators.
The rally is being organised by Madurai Ladies Circle 08 in partnership with the Indian Association for the Blind. This year’s edition will be free of entry fee.
The event brings out the blind’s capability in reading Braille and also educates drivers on the challenges faced by them. The navigators guide the drivers through the planned route of around 30 km drafted in Braille.
This year 15 blind people from Chennai will take part in the event, which will be held on the lines of a professional car rally. The event is an opportunity for the participants to bond with the blind who ensure that the drivers touch the finish line on time. So far 30 teams have registered for the event, which is open to all car owners with valid licence.
The teams will be flagged off from Hotel Fortune Pandiyan and return to the venue for the prize distribution ceremony.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Reach Out camps are enabling disabled people to experience the magic of yoga
- Headlines January 14, 2019 Cricketers Vijay Shankar, Shubman Gill replace Pandya, Rahul
- Headlines January 13, 2019 Ranbir, Alia to get engaged this year
- Headlines January 11, 2019 Rajinikanth's Petta gets thumbs up from fans
- Get-hooked January 12, 2019 Lessons in ice skating & life skills at Ability Camp in Ladakh for disabled people
- Headlines January 16, 2019 Kumbh Mela 2019 begins in Prayagraj
- Events January 14, 2019 मौसिक़ी- Conquer the mic
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News