Video calling feature making positive impact on lives of people with hearing impairments
February 2, 2018
Technology is making lots of positive impacts on the life of people with disabilities. The feature of video calling has made communication extremely easy for people with hearing impairments.
Mobile technology has definitely become beneficial for the deaf with the added advantage of 4-G network in the country.
People with hearing impairments uses sign language to communicate through video calls.
Most deaf people in the country are now trying out the video calling feature available on WhatsApp and other social media network.
This helps them stay in touch with friends and family and improves their social life as well. The exchange of thoughts and feelings greatly improves the lives of deaf people making them feel more confident and less isolated.
Watch in Sign Language
- Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
June 27, 2019
- Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
June 26, 2019
- Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Events June 27, 2019 Summer Melodies @ Mitr Cafe
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News