Video calling feature making positive impact on lives of people with hearing impairments
Technology is making lots of positive impacts on the life of people with disabilities. The feature of video calling has made communication extremely easy for people with hearing impairments.
Mobile technology has definitely become beneficial for the deaf with the added advantage of 4-G network in the country.
People with hearing impairments uses sign language to communicate through video calls.
Most deaf people in the country are now trying out the video calling feature available on WhatsApp and other social media network.
This helps them stay in touch with friends and family and improves their social life as well. The exchange of thoughts and feelings greatly improves the lives of deaf people making them feel more confident and less isolated.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018