Tai Chi training helps blind people to learn balance and flexibility
February 3, 2018
Tai Chi is a Chinese martial art and is known for its effective defence techniques as well as health benefits. Now the art is helping blind people gain better control and balance over their bodies.
Margaret Underwood is a Tai chi expert and is now using her skill to improve the lives of people with visual impairments.
Her training is making lot of changes in the lives of her blind students and they are learning to improve their balance, flexibility and ability to lead more active lives.
Elderly people can learn to maintain their body balance through the Tai Chi practice and avoid instances of falling and injuring themselves.
Teaching Tai Chi to blind people is a first time experience for Margaret Underwood and she feels it is rewarding but tough.
The exercises and Tai Chi routine helps the brain activity and improves the strength of the bones as well.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Rohit Sharma to lead India for West Indies series
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News