Chandigarh district courts starts setting up signboards in Braille
The installation of signboards in Braille has started at the Chandigarh District Courts. Signboards have been installed outside lifts and washrooms in English and Braille. Work on floor tiles to assist the blind in walking has recently been completed.
The District Courts have lifts, ramps as well as special washrooms for the disabled. However they are mostly locked and hence of little use. The work on special floor tiles for the blind was completed last year and now its being done for ramps as well.
Other new facilities include a digital information kiosk and a public announcement system. The digital information kiosk assists litigants as well as lawyers by providing ready access to court orders, cause list and case status. The public announcement system began in all courts in January this year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News