Chandigarh district courts starts setting up signboards in Braille
The installation of signboards in Braille has started at the Chandigarh District Courts. Signboards have been installed outside lifts and washrooms in English and Braille. Work on floor tiles to assist the blind in walking has recently been completed.
The District Courts have lifts, ramps as well as special washrooms for the disabled. However they are mostly locked and hence of little use. The work on special floor tiles for the blind was completed last year and now its being done for ramps as well.
Other new facilities include a digital information kiosk and a public announcement system. The digital information kiosk assists litigants as well as lawyers by providing ready access to court orders, cause list and case status. The public announcement system began in all courts in January this year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News