Chandigarh district courts starts setting up signboards in Braille
The installation of signboards in Braille has started at the Chandigarh District Courts. Signboards have been installed outside lifts and washrooms in English and Braille. Work on floor tiles to assist the blind in walking has recently been completed.
The District Courts have lifts, ramps as well as special washrooms for the disabled. However they are mostly locked and hence of little use. The work on special floor tiles for the blind was completed last year and now its being done for ramps as well.
Other new facilities include a digital information kiosk and a public announcement system. The digital information kiosk assists litigants as well as lawyers by providing ready access to court orders, cause list and case status. The public announcement system began in all courts in January this year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News