Chandigarh district courts starts setting up signboards in Braille
The installation of signboards in Braille has started at the Chandigarh District Courts. Signboards have been installed outside lifts and washrooms in English and Braille. Work on floor tiles to assist the blind in walking has recently been completed.
The District Courts have lifts, ramps as well as special washrooms for the disabled. However they are mostly locked and hence of little use. The work on special floor tiles for the blind was completed last year and now its being done for ramps as well.
Other new facilities include a digital information kiosk and a public announcement system. The digital information kiosk assists litigants as well as lawyers by providing ready access to court orders, cause list and case status. The public announcement system began in all courts in January this year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019