Chandigarh district courts starts setting up signboards in Braille
The installation of signboards in Braille has started at the Chandigarh District Courts. Signboards have been installed outside lifts and washrooms in English and Braille. Work on floor tiles to assist the blind in walking has recently been completed.
The District Courts have lifts, ramps as well as special washrooms for the disabled. However they are mostly locked and hence of little use. The work on special floor tiles for the blind was completed last year and now its being done for ramps as well.
Other new facilities include a digital information kiosk and a public announcement system. The digital information kiosk assists litigants as well as lawyers by providing ready access to court orders, cause list and case status. The public announcement system began in all courts in January this year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India finish with 72 medals in Asian Para Games, record best ever performance
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 15, 2018
Accessibility October 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News