Popcorn tubs at a popular Chennai theatre get a makeover designed by artists with special needs
From yellow taxis to blue mountains and even Chacha Nehru in a new look - the popcorn tubs designed by Differently Designed at Chennai’s SPI Cinemas are becoming the talk of the town.
Everyone loves popcorn but the tubs they come in never get a second look. Enter Differently Designed, a new design house from Kai Rassi, a Chennai company that works with artists with special needs.
The tubs, launched just this week, come in four design varieties that are getting a lot of interest. The brainchild behind this are three school friends - Indira Reddy, Kadambari Narendran and Divya Rao. They started Kai Rassi a year ago to showcase and sell artwork online. Today it has become a platform for workshops and talent-building.
They aim to change the way people look at the disabled and create mainstream opportunities for the community.
Three artists were chosen to design the popcorn tubs. Two have autism and the third has cerebral palsy. Each tub comes with a descriptor on the artists, and their mediums of expression.
With 14 artists on board, the team at Differently Designed is looking at more ventures. They would like to collaborate with names like clothing-décor brand Nicobar, watchmakers Titan, and jewellery brands Caratlane and Tanishq.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018