Popcorn tubs at a popular Chennai theatre get a makeover designed by artists with special needs
From yellow taxis to blue mountains and even Chacha Nehru in a new look - the popcorn tubs designed by Differently Designed at Chennai’s SPI Cinemas are becoming the talk of the town.
Everyone loves popcorn but the tubs they come in never get a second look. Enter Differently Designed, a new design house from Kai Rassi, a Chennai company that works with artists with special needs.
The tubs, launched just this week, come in four design varieties that are getting a lot of interest. The brainchild behind this are three school friends - Indira Reddy, Kadambari Narendran and Divya Rao. They started Kai Rassi a year ago to showcase and sell artwork online. Today it has become a platform for workshops and talent-building.
They aim to change the way people look at the disabled and create mainstream opportunities for the community.
Three artists were chosen to design the popcorn tubs. Two have autism and the third has cerebral palsy. Each tub comes with a descriptor on the artists, and their mediums of expression.
With 14 artists on board, the team at Differently Designed is looking at more ventures. They would like to collaborate with names like clothing-décor brand Nicobar, watchmakers Titan, and jewellery brands Caratlane and Tanishq.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News