BCCI shows interest in giving recognition to Blind cricketers
February 4, 2018
The CEO of the Board of Control for Cricket in India - BCCI recently met with the officials of the Cricket Association for the Blind in India- CABI.
The meeting has raised hopes for the Blind cricketers in the country, as they have been striving to get recognition and support from the BCCI.
The first meeting was held between Rahul Johri who is the CEO of BCCI and the CABI president Mahantessh GK and general secretary John David.
It has been reported that the next meeting of BCCI will include the matter of granting recognition to the blind cricket body.
Earlier an announcement was also made that the BCCI will soon provide financial rewards for players of the Indian blind cricket team as they have won the World Cup.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 27, 2019 Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News