BCCI shows interest in giving recognition to Blind cricketers
The CEO of the Board of Control for Cricket in India – BCCI recently met with the officials of the Cricket Association for the Blind in India- CABI.
The meeting has raised hopes for the Blind cricketers in the country, as they have been striving to get recognition and support from the BCCI.
The first meeting was held between Rahul Johri who is the CEO of BCCI and the CABI president Mahantessh GK and general secretary John David.
It has been reported that the next meeting of BCCI will include the matter of granting recognition to the blind cricket body.
Earlier an announcement was also made that the BCCI will soon provide financial rewards for players of the Indian blind cricket team as they have won the World Cup.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 21, 2019 Kalakaar 2.0
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News