BCCI shows interest in giving recognition to Blind cricketers
February 4, 2018
The CEO of the Board of Control for Cricket in India - BCCI recently met with the officials of the Cricket Association for the Blind in India- CABI.
The meeting has raised hopes for the Blind cricketers in the country, as they have been striving to get recognition and support from the BCCI.
The first meeting was held between Rahul Johri who is the CEO of BCCI and the CABI president Mahantessh GK and general secretary John David.
It has been reported that the next meeting of BCCI will include the matter of granting recognition to the blind cricket body.
Earlier an announcement was also made that the BCCI will soon provide financial rewards for players of the Indian blind cricket team as they have won the World Cup.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News