BCCI shows interest in giving recognition to Blind cricketers
The CEO of the Board of Control for Cricket in India – BCCI recently met with the officials of the Cricket Association for the Blind in India- CABI.
The meeting has raised hopes for the Blind cricketers in the country, as they have been striving to get recognition and support from the BCCI.
The first meeting was held between Rahul Johri who is the CEO of BCCI and the CABI president Mahantessh GK and general secretary John David.
It has been reported that the next meeting of BCCI will include the matter of granting recognition to the blind cricket body.
Earlier an announcement was also made that the BCCI will soon provide financial rewards for players of the Indian blind cricket team as they have won the World Cup.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Come June 2019, Kolkata's historic Victoria Memorial promises to re-open in an accessible avatar
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News