Wife signs love song for deaf husband as she walks down the aisle
February 7, 2018
41-year-old Elizabeth Shoesmith had a lovely surprise for her husband-to-be as she walked down the aisle on their wedding day.
She signed the lyrics of the song "1000 Years" by Christina Perri in Australian Sign Language (Auslan) to Scott Shoesmith, 38. Elizabeth started to learn Auslan after meeting Scott on Tinder two years ago. Scott has been deaf since he was 8 years old, and during the ceremony he was moved to tears by the touching gesture.
Elizabeth said that she has been practising it every day and that as she signed it, she felt that Scott and she were the only ones in the room. Everyone else present was in tears as they watched the couple.
Elizabeth shared a video of the touching tribute on Facebook about a week ago and it has been viewed nearly 2 million times and has over 24,000 likes and almost 20,000 shares. The newlywed couple didn't know their emotional moment would go viral, but they are happy to see how positive the response has been.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News