Wife signs love song for deaf husband as she walks down the aisle
February 7, 2018
41-year-old Elizabeth Shoesmith had a lovely surprise for her husband-to-be as she walked down the aisle on their wedding day.
She signed the lyrics of the song "1000 Years" by Christina Perri in Australian Sign Language (Auslan) to Scott Shoesmith, 38. Elizabeth started to learn Auslan after meeting Scott on Tinder two years ago. Scott has been deaf since he was 8 years old, and during the ceremony he was moved to tears by the touching gesture.
Elizabeth said that she has been practising it every day and that as she signed it, she felt that Scott and she were the only ones in the room. Everyone else present was in tears as they watched the couple.
Elizabeth shared a video of the touching tribute on Facebook about a week ago and it has been viewed nearly 2 million times and has over 24,000 likes and almost 20,000 shares. The newlywed couple didn't know their emotional moment would go viral, but they are happy to see how positive the response has been.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Events July 18, 2019 Conference – Deglobalishing Disability : Texts and Contexts
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Education July 18, 2019 Mumbai's Wilson College shows the path to inclusion with new faculty member Payal Bhattad
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News