Wife signs love song for deaf husband as she walks down the aisle
41-year-old Elizabeth Shoesmith had a lovely surprise for her husband-to-be as she walked down the aisle on their wedding day.
She signed the lyrics of the song "1000 Years" by Christina Perri in Australian Sign Language (Auslan) to Scott Shoesmith, 38. Elizabeth started to learn Auslan after meeting Scott on Tinder two years ago. Scott has been deaf since he was 8 years old, and during the ceremony he was moved to tears by the touching gesture.
Elizabeth said that she has been practising it every day and that as she signed it, she felt that Scott and she were the only ones in the room. Everyone else present was in tears as they watched the couple.
Elizabeth shared a video of the touching tribute on Facebook about a week ago and it has been viewed nearly 2 million times and has over 24,000 likes and almost 20,000 shares. The newlywed couple didn't know their emotional moment would go viral, but they are happy to see how positive the response has been.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 21, 2019 Free Medical Camp
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019