West Bengal School for hearing & speech impaired gets a Smart Class
February 8, 2018
Suryoday, a residential school for hearing and speech impaired children in West Bengal now has a Digital Smart Classroom.
Suryoday is the only residential school for hearing and speech impaired children in the state and is run by the department of social welfare.
Since the last two decades the students of the school were taught using sign language.
The district magistrate of North Dinajpur, by Ayesha Rani, inaugurated the digital smart classroom this week. Funding for the digital classroom has been provided by the Border Area Development Project.
The teachers were given detailed training including audio-visual session about the use of smart class so that the students with disabilities get the maximum.
Digital method of teaching will make education more effective for the disabled students and help in their academics.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Events August 22, 2019 Ganesha Making Workshop
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Technology August 22, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Prashant Gade wins Universal Design Award 2019 for Inali Arm
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Events August 22, 2019 Creative Pattern Workshop For Individuals with Special Needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News