Goa & Kerala most preferred tourist destinations for wheelchair users
February 8, 2018
A survey was recently conducted on the most favored holiday destinations in India by people with disabilities. The survey was done by accessible holiday specialist company, Enable Travel.
The survey took the feedback from 90 people with various disabilities and included 30 wheelchair users, 30 people with hearing impairments, and 30 people with visual impairments from Mumbai and Delhi.
The survey revealed some important factors that people with disabilities consider while travelling.
The mode of travel, accessibility, location of the hotels and amount of information available beforehand are some of the factors.
60% of the wheelchair users said they prefer visiting beach destinations like Goa and Kerala for their easy accessibility.
Visually impaired people preferred places that offered information in braille and had accessible websites. People with hearing impairments also said that lack of information can affect the decision about going to a place. They prefer to get information for a destination through social media posts.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News