Goa & Kerala most preferred tourist destinations for wheelchair users
A survey was recently conducted on the most favored holiday destinations in India by people with disabilities. The survey was done by accessible holiday specialist company, Enable Travel.
The survey took the feedback from 90 people with various disabilities and included 30 wheelchair users, 30 people with hearing impairments, and 30 people with visual impairments from Mumbai and Delhi.
The survey revealed some important factors that people with disabilities consider while travelling.
The mode of travel, accessibility, location of the hotels and amount of information available beforehand are some of the factors.
60% of the wheelchair users said they prefer visiting beach destinations like Goa and Kerala for their easy accessibility.
Visually impaired people preferred places that offered information in braille and had accessible websites. People with hearing impairments also said that lack of information can affect the decision about going to a place. They prefer to get information for a destination through social media posts.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News