Goa & Kerala most preferred tourist destinations for wheelchair users
February 8, 2018
A survey was recently conducted on the most favored holiday destinations in India by people with disabilities. The survey was done by accessible holiday specialist company, Enable Travel.
The survey took the feedback from 90 people with various disabilities and included 30 wheelchair users, 30 people with hearing impairments, and 30 people with visual impairments from Mumbai and Delhi.
The survey revealed some important factors that people with disabilities consider while travelling.
The mode of travel, accessibility, location of the hotels and amount of information available beforehand are some of the factors.
60% of the wheelchair users said they prefer visiting beach destinations like Goa and Kerala for their easy accessibility.
Visually impaired people preferred places that offered information in braille and had accessible websites. People with hearing impairments also said that lack of information can affect the decision about going to a place. They prefer to get information for a destination through social media posts.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News