India's blind cricket team set to get recognition from country's cricket board
February 9, 2018
The Cricket Association of the Blind in India says that India's blind cricketers will finally get their due from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). The BCCI is about to affiliate their body, said CABI.
The Indian blind cricket team retained the Blind World Cup, beating Pakistan by two wickets in the final in Sharjah. This is the second time the team won the T20 World Cup. All other cricket boards, including Pakistan, have taken their blind cricket associations under their wings. After a request from cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar, the BCCI will soon be doing so too. said CABI president GK Mahantesh.
Mahantesh also said that it was nice of Sachin to write a letter recommending the team to BCCI. He said that the access to infrastructure would help spread the popularity of blind cricket.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News