India's blind cricket team set to get recognition from country's cricket board
February 9, 2018
The Cricket Association of the Blind in India says that India's blind cricketers will finally get their due from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). The BCCI is about to affiliate their body, said CABI.
The Indian blind cricket team retained the Blind World Cup, beating Pakistan by two wickets in the final in Sharjah. This is the second time the team won the T20 World Cup. All other cricket boards, including Pakistan, have taken their blind cricket associations under their wings. After a request from cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar, the BCCI will soon be doing so too. said CABI president GK Mahantesh.
Mahantesh also said that it was nice of Sachin to write a letter recommending the team to BCCI. He said that the access to infrastructure would help spread the popularity of blind cricket.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News