India's blind cricket team set to get recognition from country's cricket board
The Cricket Association of the Blind in India says that India's blind cricketers will finally get their due from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). The BCCI is about to affiliate their body, said CABI.
The Indian blind cricket team retained the Blind World Cup, beating Pakistan by two wickets in the final in Sharjah. This is the second time the team won the T20 World Cup. All other cricket boards, including Pakistan, have taken their blind cricket associations under their wings. After a request from cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar, the BCCI will soon be doing so too. said CABI president GK Mahantesh.
Mahantesh also said that it was nice of Sachin to write a letter recommending the team to BCCI. He said that the access to infrastructure would help spread the popularity of blind cricket.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019