Inclusive park in Hyderabad gives people reason to cheer
A National Park for People with Special Needs has been constructed at the Nalgonda cross roads in Hyderabad.
The park is a much needed inclusive spot in the area and has made the people very happy since it was opened last month.
The park has been designed as per the needs of disabled visitors and has beautiful manicured lawns, a play area for children and an amphitheater.
It also has several blocks and separate areas for children with different needs. Provision has been made to provide therapies to special needs children such as for physiotherapy, speech and behaviour therapies.
The park is maintained by the civic body GHMC and the therapies to the children are taken care of by the NGO Ayesha Educational Society.
More is to be done at the park
There are lot of additions to be made to the park yet and work is underway in some areas. A visual element will soon be added for the blind.
The park is inclusive and is open to everyone with or without disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Sabarimala remains turbulent as communal tenions continue
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Accessibility November 10, 2018 Actual number of disabled voters in Telangana missing from list, activists ask for special campaign
- Headlines November 9, 2018 Delhi pollution at hazardous levels after Diwali celebrations
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Facebook launches TikTok like app called 'Lasso'
- Headlines November 10, 2018 India & Taliban hold talks on non-official level in Moscow
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018