Inclusive park in Hyderabad gives people reason to cheer
February 9, 2018
A National Park for People with Special Needs has been constructed at the Nalgonda cross roads in Hyderabad.
The park is a much needed inclusive spot in the area and has made the people very happy since it was opened last month.
The park has been designed as per the needs of disabled visitors and has beautiful manicured lawns, a play area for children and an amphitheater.
It also has several blocks and separate areas for children with different needs. Provision has been made to provide therapies to special needs children such as for physiotherapy, speech and behaviour therapies.
The park is maintained by the civic body GHMC and the therapies to the children are taken care of by the NGO Ayesha Educational Society.
More is to be done at the park
There are lot of additions to be made to the park yet and work is underway in some areas. A visual element will soon be added for the blind.
The park is inclusive and is open to everyone with or without disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Education August 12, 2019 A YouTuber by chance, Husna Ameen proves disability is no barrier to pursue dreams
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Cold Eid celebrations in Srinagar as restrictions return
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News