Inclusive park in Hyderabad gives people reason to cheer
February 9, 2018
A National Park for People with Special Needs has been constructed at the Nalgonda cross roads in Hyderabad.
The park is a much needed inclusive spot in the area and has made the people very happy since it was opened last month.
The park has been designed as per the needs of disabled visitors and has beautiful manicured lawns, a play area for children and an amphitheater.
It also has several blocks and separate areas for children with different needs. Provision has been made to provide therapies to special needs children such as for physiotherapy, speech and behaviour therapies.
The park is maintained by the civic body GHMC and the therapies to the children are taken care of by the NGO Ayesha Educational Society.
More is to be done at the park
There are lot of additions to be made to the park yet and work is underway in some areas. A visual element will soon be added for the blind.
The park is inclusive and is open to everyone with or without disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Headlines May 26, 2019 Rahul Gandhi's resignation offer rejected
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
- Headlines May 26, 2019 #SidhuQuitPolitics trends on social media
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News