Inclusive park in Hyderabad gives people reason to cheer
February 9, 2018
A National Park for People with Special Needs has been constructed at the Nalgonda cross roads in Hyderabad.
The park is a much needed inclusive spot in the area and has made the people very happy since it was opened last month.
The park has been designed as per the needs of disabled visitors and has beautiful manicured lawns, a play area for children and an amphitheater.
It also has several blocks and separate areas for children with different needs. Provision has been made to provide therapies to special needs children such as for physiotherapy, speech and behaviour therapies.
The park is maintained by the civic body GHMC and the therapies to the children are taken care of by the NGO Ayesha Educational Society.
More is to be done at the park
There are lot of additions to be made to the park yet and work is underway in some areas. A visual element will soon be added for the blind.
The park is inclusive and is open to everyone with or without disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Kerala youngster Vijesh Vijayan wins battle for justice in Kerala High Court
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Understanding Ataxia
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 How a Facebook page helped rally a support group for wheelchair users in Kerala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News