Inclusive park in Hyderabad gives people reason to cheer
A National Park for People with Special Needs has been constructed at the Nalgonda cross roads in Hyderabad.
The park is a much needed inclusive spot in the area and has made the people very happy since it was opened last month.
The park has been designed as per the needs of disabled visitors and has beautiful manicured lawns, a play area for children and an amphitheater.
It also has several blocks and separate areas for children with different needs. Provision has been made to provide therapies to special needs children such as for physiotherapy, speech and behaviour therapies.
The park is maintained by the civic body GHMC and the therapies to the children are taken care of by the NGO Ayesha Educational Society.
More is to be done at the park
There are lot of additions to be made to the park yet and work is underway in some areas. A visual element will soon be added for the blind.
The park is inclusive and is open to everyone with or without disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Reach Out camps are enabling disabled people to experience the magic of yoga
- Events January 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Samanvai spreads smiles to lives of disabled people in Hyderabad
- Get-hooked January 12, 2019 Lessons in ice skating & life skills at Ability Camp in Ladakh for disabled people
- Get-hooked January 11, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines January 16, 2019 Kumbh Mela 2019 begins in Prayagraj
- Accessibility January 11, 2019 Court issues notice to RBI & Centre over inaccessible currency plea
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News