Sachin Tendulkar lends support to ongoing blind chess championship
February 9, 2018
Cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar has expressed his support to the ongoing National Chess Championship for the visually challenged, organised by the All India Chess Federation for the Blind.
Sachin, who plays chess too, expressed his support on Twitter.
"Chess lovers, join me in wishing all the participants of the AICFB's National Chess Championship for the Blind 2018. Best of Luck." - Sachin Tendulkar
He also sent his wishes to AICFB President Charudatta Jadhav, who is a blind chess champion and winner of the National Award for the Best Disabled Employee of the Year.
Jadhav has been at the forefront of many events for the blind, including the current tournament at the Andheri Sports Complex in Mumbai.
In response, Charudatta Jadhav thanked Sachin for his support.
"We have received good wishes from the God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar for our National A Chess Championship for the Visually Challenged. We are really grateful to him for his support!"
14 blind players from across the country are participating in the prestigious event and the final winner will be crowned India's National Blind Chess Champion 2018.
The top players will form the Indian teams for the World Team Championships in July in Bulgaria and World Junior for the Blind to be held in Poland in August.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Accessibility June 27, 2019 Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News