Sachin Tendulkar lends support to ongoing blind chess championship
Cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar has expressed his support to the ongoing National Chess Championship for the visually challenged, organised by the All India Chess Federation for the Blind.
Sachin, who plays chess too, expressed his support on Twitter.
"Chess lovers, join me in wishing all the participants of the AICFB's National Chess Championship for the Blind 2018. Best of Luck." - Sachin Tendulkar
He also sent his wishes to AICFB President Charudatta Jadhav, who is a blind chess champion and winner of the National Award for the Best Disabled Employee of the Year.
Jadhav has been at the forefront of many events for the blind, including the current tournament at the Andheri Sports Complex in Mumbai.
In response, Charudatta Jadhav thanked Sachin for his support.
"We have received good wishes from the God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar for our National A Chess Championship for the Visually Challenged. We are really grateful to him for his support!"
14 blind players from across the country are participating in the prestigious event and the final winner will be crowned India's National Blind Chess Champion 2018.
The top players will form the Indian teams for the World Team Championships in July in Bulgaria and World Junior for the Blind to be held in Poland in August.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disability Heroes - Why Javed Choudhari refuses to be defined by his disability
December 3, 2018
- Deaf-ICC World Cup T20 comes to an end, Lanka are champions
December 1, 2018
- 'Will keep running,' says blind marathoner Sporty Sikh ahead of 101st run
November 29, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Accessibility December 5, 2018 PVR's Accessible Cinema Program shows the way forward in inclusion
- Accessibility December 4, 2018 Chennai's iconic Marina Beach turns accessible for two days
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 How disabled people can expedite their inclusion in society - Guest column by Turab Chimthanawala
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Headlines December 4, 2018 Congress backs Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh over Sidhu
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Disability Heroes - Virali Modi is open & proud about her disability
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Employment December 6, 2018 Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News