Sachin Tendulkar lends support to ongoing blind chess championship
February 9, 2018
Cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar has expressed his support to the ongoing National Chess Championship for the visually challenged, organised by the All India Chess Federation for the Blind.
Sachin, who plays chess too, expressed his support on Twitter.
"Chess lovers, join me in wishing all the participants of the AICFB's National Chess Championship for the Blind 2018. Best of Luck." - Sachin Tendulkar
He also sent his wishes to AICFB President Charudatta Jadhav, who is a blind chess champion and winner of the National Award for the Best Disabled Employee of the Year.
Jadhav has been at the forefront of many events for the blind, including the current tournament at the Andheri Sports Complex in Mumbai.
In response, Charudatta Jadhav thanked Sachin for his support.
"We have received good wishes from the God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar for our National A Chess Championship for the Visually Challenged. We are really grateful to him for his support!"
14 blind players from across the country are participating in the prestigious event and the final winner will be crowned India's National Blind Chess Champion 2018.
The top players will form the Indian teams for the World Team Championships in July in Bulgaria and World Junior for the Blind to be held in Poland in August.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News