Grand Master Vidit Gujrathi is brand ambassador for Indian blind chess, pledges to promote the game
February 10, 2018
Grand Master Vidit Gujrathi has been appointed the brand ambassador of All India Chess Federation for the Blind (AICFB).
23-year-old Gujrathi had broken the 2,700 rating barrier and has a current rating of 2,718, making him the fourth Indian to achieve this distinction after Viswanathan Anand, Sasikiran and P Harikrishna.
He recently won the Tata Steel Chess Challengers 2018 and has made the cut for the Tata Steel Chess Masters in 2019.
Gujrathi has pledged to spread awareness about blind chess and help in giving recognition and benefits to players who have put India on the global map in blind chess. He hopes to help blind chess players make a mark in India and across the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Let your hands do the talking
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 12, 2019 A personal struggle inspired this elderly couple to start Balajothi Centre to empower disabled children
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Parasports August 13, 2019 “Government apathy towards para sports demotivates us” - MyTake by Ebin Joseph
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News