Grand Master Vidit Gujrathi is brand ambassador for Indian blind chess, pledges to promote the game
February 10, 2018
Grand Master Vidit Gujrathi has been appointed the brand ambassador of All India Chess Federation for the Blind (AICFB).
23-year-old Gujrathi had broken the 2,700 rating barrier and has a current rating of 2,718, making him the fourth Indian to achieve this distinction after Viswanathan Anand, Sasikiran and P Harikrishna.
He recently won the Tata Steel Chess Challengers 2018 and has made the cut for the Tata Steel Chess Masters in 2019.
Gujrathi has pledged to spread awareness about blind chess and help in giving recognition and benefits to players who have put India on the global map in blind chess. He hopes to help blind chess players make a mark in India and across the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News