Grand Master Vidit Gujrathi is brand ambassador for Indian blind chess, pledges to promote the game
Grand Master Vidit Gujrathi has been appointed the brand ambassador of All India Chess Federation for the Blind (AICFB).
23-year-old Gujrathi had broken the 2,700 rating barrier and has a current rating of 2,718, making him the fourth Indian to achieve this distinction after Viswanathan Anand, Sasikiran and P Harikrishna.
He recently won the Tata Steel Chess Challengers 2018 and has made the cut for the Tata Steel Chess Masters in 2019.
Gujrathi has pledged to spread awareness about blind chess and help in giving recognition and benefits to players who have put India on the global map in blind chess. He hopes to help blind chess players make a mark in India and across the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News