Grand Master Vidit Gujrathi is brand ambassador for Indian blind chess, pledges to promote the game
Grand Master Vidit Gujrathi has been appointed the brand ambassador of All India Chess Federation for the Blind (AICFB).
23-year-old Gujrathi had broken the 2,700 rating barrier and has a current rating of 2,718, making him the fourth Indian to achieve this distinction after Viswanathan Anand, Sasikiran and P Harikrishna.
He recently won the Tata Steel Chess Challengers 2018 and has made the cut for the Tata Steel Chess Masters in 2019.
Gujrathi has pledged to spread awareness about blind chess and help in giving recognition and benefits to players who have put India on the global map in blind chess. He hopes to help blind chess players make a mark in India and across the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Get-hooked November 18, 2018 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
- Technology November 19, 2018 Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Women's World T20 - India on top of Group B after beating Australia
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Jharkhand girls stand tall despite loss in first inter-state women’s blind cricket tournament
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018