Chandigarh all set to give 4% job reservation to disabled
February 10, 2018
Chandigarh Administration has issued created a draft of rules and laws for the Chandigarh Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017.
The rules and laws will be implemented for the benefit of people with disabilities in Chandigarh.
Chandigarh administration has already implemented the law that ensures the increase in job reservation for people with disabilities from 3 to 4 per cent.
The admission quota for disabled students in education institutions has also been raised from 4 to 5 per cent.
The new draft has been created to form various committees and advisory board to ensure that the reservations are smoothly implemented.
The draft will now be presented to the citizens and will be passed in due course after feedback and objections from city residents are processed.
The draft will enforce the RPWD provisions
The draft will cover rules for setting up the necessary terms and conditions for the implementations of policies for disabled people.
Once the rules are put into force, every child with benchmark disability in the age group of 6 to 18 years will have the right to free education.
The city hospitals and all public offices will have to give preference while dealing with persons with disability.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Tamil Nadu government fails to introduce special courts, groups demands speedy action
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News