This Kerala couple chose to say 'I Do' in sign language
This was a wedding where silence was truly golden.
When Bineesh Thomas and Hima got married, the couple took their wedding vows and followed the wedding rituals in the church completely in sign language.
The couple who are from Kottayam are speech and hearing impaired and both were particular that the ceremony take place in sign language so they could participate in the fullest.
From the wedding rituals and the vows to the holy mass, everything was done in sign language. This is not the first wedding done in sign language in their family. Bineesh's elder brother Anish is also hearing and speech impaired and he married his wife Jissa two years ago in the same way.
The church priest said he was only too happy to fulfil the wishes of the couple as they knew what was going on. He also felt that this was a step forward towards for people to be more accepting of differences.
Over the last three years this church has conducted at least four weddings in sign language.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News