She has written over 650 exams in 10 years for the disabled
30-year-old N M Pushpa Preeya has written 657 exams in 10 years. Not for herself, but for many disabled people in Bengaluru.
Pushpa, who works for a multinational, started writing as a scribe for a blind school student in 2007 and since then has been helping disabled students, including people with cerebral palsy and Down Syndrome.
She says that what she writes decides their future and she is always alert. Even when the candidate gets tense, she stays clam. Sometimes she has to repeat a question 30-40 times to make sure the candidate understands it thoroughly.
Pushpa says that when she was in school she was thrown out of the exam hall as her family could not afford to pay fees. She was able to continue with the studies only because she got some help from well wishers.
Pushpa has been a saviour for many people.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Headlines October 20, 2018 Sabrimalai temple priests continue to block women's entry into temple
- Technology October 23, 2018 What visually impaired people should look for while buying a phone
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Events October 22, 2018 Tandav 5.0 Volunteer Meetup #2
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Get-hooked October 17, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News