Ain't no mountain high enough for these disabled rock climbers
It was an amazing sight to watch more than 40 physically challenged people turn up to participate at a a rock climbing event at Khajaguda in Hyderabad.
Called #EverydayAbility, the event was organised to encourage people with disabilities to take up adventure sports and proving that disability is not a barrier to adventure. There was plenty to check out, from trekking, rappelling and rock climbing.
Everyone was happy to send out the message that it was possible to overcome physical challenges and lead a full life.
Participants said they were thrilled to take part. For many it was their first chance to take part in rappelling. There were volunteers to tie the equipment to the body.
The people who took part had disabilities ranging from vision loss, amputees and those affecte dby polio. The event, was organised by the NGO, Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation. The founder Divyanshu Ganatra said that such events aim to build empathy and change how society looks at the disabled.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Parasports October 23, 2018 India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Events October 17, 2018 NAB Presents Interactive Meeting with a Global Leader in Accessibility
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News