Ain't no mountain high enough for these disabled rock climbers
It was an amazing sight to watch more than 40 physically challenged people turn up to participate at a a rock climbing event at Khajaguda in Hyderabad.
Called #EverydayAbility, the event was organised to encourage people with disabilities to take up adventure sports and proving that disability is not a barrier to adventure. There was plenty to check out, from trekking, rappelling and rock climbing.
Everyone was happy to send out the message that it was possible to overcome physical challenges and lead a full life.
Participants said they were thrilled to take part. For many it was their first chance to take part in rappelling. There were volunteers to tie the equipment to the body.
The people who took part had disabilities ranging from vision loss, amputees and those affecte dby polio. The event, was organised by the NGO, Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation. The founder Divyanshu Ganatra said that such events aim to build empathy and change how society looks at the disabled.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018