Ain't no mountain high enough for these disabled rock climbers
February 13, 2018
It was an amazing sight to watch more than 40 physically challenged people turn up to participate at a a rock climbing event at Khajaguda in Hyderabad.
Called #EverydayAbility, the event was organised to encourage people with disabilities to take up adventure sports and proving that disability is not a barrier to adventure. There was plenty to check out, from trekking, rappelling and rock climbing.
Everyone was happy to send out the message that it was possible to overcome physical challenges and lead a full life.
Participants said they were thrilled to take part. For many it was their first chance to take part in rappelling. There were volunteers to tie the equipment to the body.
The people who took part had disabilities ranging from vision loss, amputees and those affecte dby polio. The event, was organised by the NGO, Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation. The founder Divyanshu Ganatra said that such events aim to build empathy and change how society looks at the disabled.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News