Ain't no mountain high enough for these disabled rock climbers
February 13, 2018
It was an amazing sight to watch more than 40 physically challenged people turn up to participate at a a rock climbing event at Khajaguda in Hyderabad.
Called #EverydayAbility, the event was organised to encourage people with disabilities to take up adventure sports and proving that disability is not a barrier to adventure. There was plenty to check out, from trekking, rappelling and rock climbing.
Everyone was happy to send out the message that it was possible to overcome physical challenges and lead a full life.
Participants said they were thrilled to take part. For many it was their first chance to take part in rappelling. There were volunteers to tie the equipment to the body.
The people who took part had disabilities ranging from vision loss, amputees and those affecte dby polio. The event, was organised by the NGO, Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation. The founder Divyanshu Ganatra said that such events aim to build empathy and change how society looks at the disabled.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News