Ain't no mountain high enough for these disabled rock climbers
It was an amazing sight to watch more than 40 physically challenged people turn up to participate at a a rock climbing event at Khajaguda in Hyderabad.
Called #EverydayAbility, the event was organised to encourage people with disabilities to take up adventure sports and proving that disability is not a barrier to adventure. There was plenty to check out, from trekking, rappelling and rock climbing.
Everyone was happy to send out the message that it was possible to overcome physical challenges and lead a full life.
Participants said they were thrilled to take part. For many it was their first chance to take part in rappelling. There were volunteers to tie the equipment to the body.
The people who took part had disabilities ranging from vision loss, amputees and those affecte dby polio. The event, was organised by the NGO, Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation. The founder Divyanshu Ganatra said that such events aim to build empathy and change how society looks at the disabled.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019