Indian Consulate honours India's blind cricket team in style at Dubai
February 14, 2018
The Indian Consulate felicitated India's blind cricket team for winning the Blind Cricket World Cup by beating Pakistan at a grand function in Dubai.
The Consul General congratulated the team and said it was very proud of their success. They hoped that the players will keep winning more medals for the country.
The team was welcomed into the Indian consulate with drum beats and they entertained through a musical show. The cricketers danced to Bollywood songs like 'Jai Ho' and 'Chak De India.'
The captain of the blind cricket team, Ajay Reddy, gave the credit for the World Cup win to the team for playing with a cool mind under pressure. He dedicated the trophy to the Indian soldiers.
The function was attended by leading businessmen. A bat autographed by Sunil Gavaskar and a ball signed by Anil Kumble were presented to the players.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News