Indian Consulate honours India's blind cricket team in style at Dubai
February 14, 2018
The Indian Consulate felicitated India's blind cricket team for winning the Blind Cricket World Cup by beating Pakistan at a grand function in Dubai.
The Consul General congratulated the team and said it was very proud of their success. They hoped that the players will keep winning more medals for the country.
The team was welcomed into the Indian consulate with drum beats and they entertained through a musical show. The cricketers danced to Bollywood songs like 'Jai Ho' and 'Chak De India.'
The captain of the blind cricket team, Ajay Reddy, gave the credit for the World Cup win to the team for playing with a cool mind under pressure. He dedicated the trophy to the Indian soldiers.
The function was attended by leading businessmen. A bat autographed by Sunil Gavaskar and a ball signed by Anil Kumble were presented to the players.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News