Indian Consulate honours India's blind cricket team in style at Dubai
The Indian Consulate felicitated India’s blind cricket team for winning the Blind Cricket World Cup by beating Pakistan at a grand function in Dubai.
The Consul General congratulated the team and said it was very proud of their success. They hoped that the players will keep winning more medals for the country.
The team was welcomed into the Indian consulate with drum beats and they entertained through a musical show. The cricketers danced to Bollywood songs like ‘Jai Ho’ and ‘Chak De India.’
The captain of the blind cricket team, Ajay Reddy, gave the credit for the World Cup win to the team for playing with a cool mind under pressure. He dedicated the trophy to the Indian soldiers.
The function was attended by leading businessmen. A bat autographed by Sunil Gavaskar and a ball signed by Anil Kumble were presented to the players.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News