Free hearing aid distribution event held in Mysore
February 14, 2018
A free hearing aid distribution was held in Mysore recently for people with hearing impairments.
The distribution camp was organised by the joint efforts of the JSS institute of speech and hearing impaired and the department of ENT at the JSS hospital in association with the Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Speech and Hearing Disabilities.
The camp benefitted several people with hearing disabilities as they were fitted with hearing aids. More than 300 hearing aids were distributed to those in need.
The JSS institute of speech and hearing impaired was started in the year 2001-02 and is a leading institute with experts in the field.
The staff members and students of the institute conduct and attend speech and hearing camps regularly to provide help to people with Speech and Hearing Disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News