This husband travels across the world with his wife, who is on a wheelchair
February 15, 2018
This is one husband, who is truly dedicated to his wife, in sickness and in health.
Andrew and Donna Fierlit, who live in Connecticut, United States, are 58 years old. They have four children and 12 grandchildren and many great memories and their love is still strong. But things haven't always been easy.
13 years ago, Donna suffered a brain aneurysm and Andrew was told he should put her in a nursing home. But he was determined that nothing would change.
Together they have traveled the world, visiting 27 countries and every continent in Donna's wheelchair. She called the wheelchair 'Proud Mary' because it keeps on rolling, like the popular Tina Turner song.
But Donna says its Andrew who keeps that wheelchair moving in the first place. She says he truly loves her and would do anything in the world for her.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News