This husband travels across the world with his wife, who is on a wheelchair
This is one husband, who is truly dedicated to his wife, in sickness and in health.
Andrew and Donna Fierlit, who live in Connecticut, United States, are 58 years old. They have four children and 12 grandchildren and many great memories and their love is still strong. But things haven't always been easy.
13 years ago, Donna suffered a brain aneurysm and Andrew was told he should put her in a nursing home. But he was determined that nothing would change.
Together they have traveled the world, visiting 27 countries and every continent in Donna’s wheelchair. She called the wheelchair 'Proud Mary' because it keeps on rolling, like the popular Tina Turner song.
But Donna says its Andrew who keeps that wheelchair moving in the first place. She says he truly loves her and would do anything in the world for her.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
- Events October 22, 2018 Sixth National Conference on Inclusive Education
- Events October 21, 2018 Diwali Mela 2018
- Get-hooked October 23, 2018 Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News