This husband travels across the world with his wife, who is on a wheelchair
This is one husband, who is truly dedicated to his wife, in sickness and in health.
Andrew and Donna Fierlit, who live in Connecticut, United States, are 58 years old. They have four children and 12 grandchildren and many great memories and their love is still strong. But things haven't always been easy.
13 years ago, Donna suffered a brain aneurysm and Andrew was told he should put her in a nursing home. But he was determined that nothing would change.
Together they have traveled the world, visiting 27 countries and every continent in Donna’s wheelchair. She called the wheelchair 'Proud Mary' because it keeps on rolling, like the popular Tina Turner song.
But Donna says its Andrew who keeps that wheelchair moving in the first place. She says he truly loves her and would do anything in the world for her.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019