This husband travels across the world with his wife, who is on a wheelchair
February 15, 2018
This is one husband, who is truly dedicated to his wife, in sickness and in health.
Andrew and Donna Fierlit, who live in Connecticut, United States, are 58 years old. They have four children and 12 grandchildren and many great memories and their love is still strong. But things haven't always been easy.
13 years ago, Donna suffered a brain aneurysm and Andrew was told he should put her in a nursing home. But he was determined that nothing would change.
Together they have traveled the world, visiting 27 countries and every continent in Donna's wheelchair. She called the wheelchair 'Proud Mary' because it keeps on rolling, like the popular Tina Turner song.
But Donna says its Andrew who keeps that wheelchair moving in the first place. She says he truly loves her and would do anything in the world for her.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News