This deaf couple found each other on Facebook
February 15, 2018
Mr and Mrs Lee are a deaf couple living in Singapore who found each other on social networking site Facebook.
Pearlin Lee and Gary Lee first became Facebook friends in 2011 through some other mutual friends. Both are born deaf and are graphic designers.
Their first date was at an IT and electronics exhibition event and they decided to take their relationship head.
The couple got married in 2015 and they now have a six month old hearing daughter, named Mirae.
The two feel that they were able to bond which each other as both are hearing impaired. Earlier they had dated people with hearing abilities but they could not relate with them.
The couple are members of the Singapore Association for the Deaf and are happy to have found each other.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News