This deaf couple found each other on Facebook
Mr and Mrs Lee are a deaf couple living in Singapore who found each other on social networking site Facebook.
Pearlin Lee and Gary Lee first became Facebook friends in 2011 through some other mutual friends. Both are born deaf and are graphic designers.
Their first date was at an IT and electronics exhibition event and they decided to take their relationship head.
The couple got married in 2015 and they now have a six month old hearing daughter, named Mirae.
The two feel that they were able to bond which each other as both are hearing impaired. Earlier they had dated people with hearing abilities but they could not relate with them.
The couple are members of the Singapore Association for the Deaf and are happy to have found each other.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News