This Close - A TV miniseries created, written, & starring the deaf
February 16, 2018
The team behind the six episode miniseries 'This Close' aims to show that the deaf community's life experiences are no different from anyone's else's.
The series tells the story of two best friends, who are deaf, and live and work in Los Angeles. The creators, Josh Feldman and Shoshannah Stern, are deaf themselves. They are working together to change the way the deaf community is represented in front of the camera.
The series stars one of Hollywood's most-famous deaf actress, Oscar winner Marlee Matlin. The non-hearing impaired co-stars learned some sign language to better communicate with their fellow actors.
The creators hope audiences will relate to the characters, regardless of whether they are deaf or not. They want audiences to see it not as show about gay men but a show that they can see themselves in and relate to.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Saurav Ganguly says Pakistan is a World Cup favourite
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News