This Close - A TV miniseries created, written, & starring the deaf
February 16, 2018
The team behind the six episode miniseries 'This Close' aims to show that the deaf community's life experiences are no different from anyone's else's.
The series tells the story of two best friends, who are deaf, and live and work in Los Angeles. The creators, Josh Feldman and Shoshannah Stern, are deaf themselves. They are working together to change the way the deaf community is represented in front of the camera.
The series stars one of Hollywood's most-famous deaf actress, Oscar winner Marlee Matlin. The non-hearing impaired co-stars learned some sign language to better communicate with their fellow actors.
The creators hope audiences will relate to the characters, regardless of whether they are deaf or not. They want audiences to see it not as show about gay men but a show that they can see themselves in and relate to.
Watch in Sign Language
- "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
March 20, 2019
- Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
March 20, 2019
- Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
March 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Headlines March 15, 2019 21 opposition parties appeal to Supreme Court about EVMs
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Bangladesh cricketers escaped terror attack closely
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Parenting corner- Managing stress
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News