Battery-operated cars at Vadodara railway station for elderly and disabled travelers
The Vadodara railway division of Western Railway and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Vadodara have joined hands to provide battery-operated cars at the railway station for the disabled, aged and sick passengers.
The service will bring a much needed relief and comfort for the disabled and elderly passengers visiting the Vadodara railway station.
The battery-operated cars will be made available to the needy on a first-come first-serve basis.
The initiative is part of the corporate social responsibility CSR by the ONGC and will be provided with no charge to passenger or to the railways.
Two such cars have already been bought and will cost of Rs 16.68 lakh per year for operation. The cars will be run by the NGO Awam on the behalf of ONGC for the next five years.
Two helpline numbers – “9081512341” and “9081512342” can be used to get the cars on the station.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Disability Heroes - Neha Agarwal is opening corporate India’s eyes to the AB-ility in disability
- Events December 5, 2018 Dementia Caregiver Support Group - Meet 28
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Fun, meaningful ways that World Disability Day was celebrated across India
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News