Battery-operated cars at Vadodara railway station for elderly and disabled travelers
The Vadodara railway division of Western Railway and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Vadodara have joined hands to provide battery-operated cars at the railway station for the disabled, aged and sick passengers.
The service will bring a much needed relief and comfort for the disabled and elderly passengers visiting the Vadodara railway station.
The battery-operated cars will be made available to the needy on a first-come first-serve basis.
The initiative is part of the corporate social responsibility CSR by the ONGC and will be provided with no charge to passenger or to the railways.
Two such cars have already been bought and will cost of Rs 16.68 lakh per year for operation. The cars will be run by the NGO Awam on the behalf of ONGC for the next five years.
Two helpline numbers – “9081512341” and “9081512342” can be used to get the cars on the station.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 3, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019