Battery-operated cars at Vadodara railway station for elderly and disabled travelers
February 16, 2018
The Vadodara railway division of Western Railway and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Vadodara have joined hands to provide battery-operated cars at the railway station for the disabled, aged and sick passengers.
The service will bring a much needed relief and comfort for the disabled and elderly passengers visiting the Vadodara railway station.
The battery-operated cars will be made available to the needy on a first-come first-serve basis.
The initiative is part of the corporate social responsibility CSR by the ONGC and will be provided with no charge to passenger or to the railways.
Two such cars have already been bought and will cost of Rs 16.68 lakh per year for operation. The cars will be run by the NGO Awam on the behalf of ONGC for the next five years.
Two helpline numbers - "9081512341" and "9081512342" can be used to get the cars on the station.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Accessibility July 10, 2019 Goa gets it's 1st restaurant with hydraulic lift for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Events July 11, 2019 Ask Me Anything
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Education July 9, 2019 Online petition seeks rehab of deaf youth affected by closing down of training centre
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News