Fest for special needs kids by Kerala College
February 17, 2018
The students of Government Engineering College in Barton Hill at Trivandrum are all set to organize a fest for students with special needs in the name of 'Vaibhav' that will be held in April. 'Vaibhav' will be held as part of the three day techno-cultural festival 'Aagneya' of the government college.
This event will bring together students from different schools with special needs. It will be a platform for students to get to know each other and explore their talents. The Government Engineering College organizes a 'socially responsible' event every year. This year, they are ready to host 'Vaibhav' and the theme will be 'Resilience- turn that into power'.
The event is organized by the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell in association with the Social Justice Department of the Government.
According to Noufal who is the Chairman of College Union, auditions have already started and a talent hunt to find out the best candidates is being held in the city. If the event 'Vaibhav' is a success this year, the organizers plan to have a same one next year as well.
Noufal said that the organizers at the college want students with special needs to try and do what they can, from singing to dancing. This will make the students believe in themselves and they can do things along with the mainstream society.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News