Fest for special needs kids by Kerala College
The students of Government Engineering College in Barton Hill at Trivandrum are all set to organize a fest for students with special needs in the name of ‘Vaibhav’ that will be held in April. ‘Vaibhav’ will be held as part of the three day techno-cultural festival ‘Aagneya’ of the government college.
This event will bring together students from different schools with special needs. It will be a platform for students to get to know each other and explore their talents. The Government Engineering College organizes a ‘socially responsible’ event every year. This year, they are ready to host ‘Vaibhav’ and the theme will be ‘Resilience- turn that into power’.
The event is organized by the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell in association with the Social Justice Department of the Government.
According to Noufal who is the Chairman of College Union, auditions have already started and a talent hunt to find out the best candidates is being held in the city. If the event ‘Vaibhav’ is a success this year, the organizers plan to have a same one next year as well.
Noufal said that the organizers at the college want students with special needs to try and do what they can, from singing to dancing. This will make the students believe in themselves and they can do things along with the mainstream society.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Accessibility December 5, 2018 PVR's Accessible Cinema Program shows the way forward in inclusion
- Get-hooked December 7, 2018 A writing contest with disability as the theme. Know more
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Accessibility December 6, 2018 Kerala government reserves 4% jobs for disabled people in government-aided educational institutions
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News