Annual Motif Charity Walk this Sunday!
The 16th Annual Motif Charity Walk 2018 is ready to start off at Ahmedabad on the 18th of February, Sunday. This motif walk is held by the organizers to create health awareness and raise funds through public participation.
Motif has been organizing this charity event for the past 15 years, and it has always ended up being successful. The organizers have raised nearly INR 6 crore over the past years which has benefited almost 47 NGO’s across the country. 64,000 walkers and 250 sponsors have also been part of this event in the last 15 years.
Kaushal Mehta who is the CEO and Founder of Motif Inc. said that the funds that are raised will go to certain NGO’s that have been selected already by the organizers. One of the NGO’s would be the ‘Gujarat Harijan Sevak Sangh’ that was founded by Mahatma Gandhi in the year 1932. The NGO was started for the development of those from the lower caste who did not have any opportunity for higher studies or even education and also to remove untouchability, which was practiced in India for a long time.
‘Samvedana Trust’, ‘Tara Foundation’, and ‘Teach to Lead’ are the other NGO’s that have been selected as beneficiaries for the Motif annual charity walk.
This year the annual Motif Charity Walk will be held from the L.D College of Engineering in Ahmedabad which will be the starting point for a 7.5 km run and 4 km walk. Participants are requested to pay a fee of INR 300 for taking part in the run.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Accessibility October 12, 2018 A Durga Puja pandal in Kolkata that is accessible to visually impaired people
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News