Annual Motif Charity Walk this Sunday!
February 17, 2018
The 16th Annual Motif Charity Walk 2018 is ready to start off at Ahmedabad on the 18th of February, Sunday. This motif walk is held by the organizers to create health awareness and raise funds through public participation.
Motif has been organizing this charity event for the past 15 years, and it has always ended up being successful. The organizers have raised nearly INR 6 crore over the past years which has benefited almost 47 NGO's across the country. 64,000 walkers and 250 sponsors have also been part of this event in the last 15 years.
Kaushal Mehta who is the CEO and Founder of Motif Inc. said that the funds that are raised will go to certain NGO's that have been selected already by the organizers. One of the NGO's would be the 'Gujarat Harijan Sevak Sangh' that was founded by Mahatma Gandhi in the year 1932. The NGO was started for the development of those from the lower caste who did not have any opportunity for higher studies or even education and also to remove untouchability, which was practiced in India for a long time.
'Samvedana Trust', 'Tara Foundation', and 'Teach to Lead' are the other NGO's that have been selected as beneficiaries for the Motif annual charity walk.
This year the annual Motif Charity Walk will be held from the L.D College of Engineering in Ahmedabad which will be the starting point for a 7.5 km run and 4 km walk. Participants are requested to pay a fee of INR 300 for taking part in the run.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News