These couples are redefining traditional stereotypes of marriages
There are barriers plenty when it comes to finding love and forming relationships for people with disabilities. This is the story in many parts of the world. In India, the walls are especially high, given the stigma around disability.
There are many couples who are breaking these walls. February is the month when the world celebrates love, and we brought you stories of couples who are re-writing conventional love stories that we have come to accept as normal. Stories of inclusive partnerships, where one has a disability and has found someone who looks beyond that to share their lives with.
Like Swarnalatha & Guruprasad, whose world was temporarily rocked after she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis soon after the birth of their first child. They found strength in each, other to not just overcome this but are helping others with disabilities.
Nafisa, an independent banking professional, who never let disability define her, finding love with Parvez, when she least expected it. Krishna & Stanzen, artists based in Manali, who have to take on family biases as well as social stigma.
Visakan, whose self confidence so impressed Shalini, that she went against her mother's wishes to marry him. In him, she says she has found support like she has never felt before. And childhood friends
Raghavi & Senthil, who are spreading the joy of companionship to people with disabilities through their NGO.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
October 19, 2018
- Cycling for children with autism, some information
October 19, 2018
- ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 This disabled girl from Kerala is fighting roadblocks to get a driver’s license
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Accessibility October 12, 2018 A Durga Puja pandal in Kolkata that is accessible to visually impaired people
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 This special school in Madurai focuses on various therapies for disabled children
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Get-hooked October 12, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News