These couples are redefining traditional stereotypes of marriages
There are barriers plenty when it comes to finding love and forming relationships for people with disabilities. This is the story in many parts of the world. In India, the walls are especially high, given the stigma around disability.
There are many couples who are breaking these walls. February is the month when the world celebrates love, and we brought you stories of couples who are re-writing conventional love stories that we have come to accept as normal. Stories of inclusive partnerships, where one has a disability and has found someone who looks beyond that to share their lives with.
Like Swarnalatha & Guruprasad, whose world was temporarily rocked after she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis soon after the birth of their first child. They found strength in each, other to not just overcome this but are helping others with disabilities.
Nafisa, an independent banking professional, who never let disability define her, finding love with Parvez, when she least expected it. Krishna & Stanzen, artists based in Manali, who have to take on family biases as well as social stigma.
Visakan, whose self confidence so impressed Shalini, that she went against her mother's wishes to marry him. In him, she says she has found support like she has never felt before. And childhood friends
Raghavi & Senthil, who are spreading the joy of companionship to people with disabilities through their NGO.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News