International Kite Festival Of Kerala
Kites of all shapes and sizes will take over the skies at the Barrier Free International Kite Fest in Kovalam to be held later in February.
Professional kite flyers from the United Kingdom, United States, and Malaysia, and from four Indian states will display their skills. The kite festival is being organised by the NGO Helping Hands Organisation (H2O) in partnership with One India Kite team and aims to be an inclusive celebration of children with autism and paraplegics.
Everyone, regardless of their age or needs, will get to fly kites of all shapes and sizes at the beach.
One can join the workshop for an entry fee of Rs 300 while the kites can be bought for Rs 200 at the venue itself. For bigger kites, one needs to contact the organisers.
- Starts on: Sunday, 25 Feb 2018 at 10:00 AM
- Ends on: Sunday, 25 Feb 2018 at 06:00 PM
- City: Kerala
- Location: Kovlam Beach
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Organizer Name: Helping Hands Organisation
- Organizer Phone: 9446013686
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://helpinghandsorganisation.org/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 26, 2019 #SidhuQuitPolitics trends on social media
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News